Articles

Categories

Search Articles

Articles

by Peter Copley Published on 28th February 2024 10:02 AM
On reaching the Southwest coast of Iceland, the trawlers I worked on would shoot their gear to ‘stretch the warps’ before proceeding to the fishing...
by Peter Copley Published on 30th June 2022 08:27 AM
Bassala and another Egyptian, I think he was called Ahmed, joined my ship (MV Captain Avgerinos) in Ceuta. I remember thinking how had these two...
by Peter Copley Published on 17th April 2022 08:39 AM
Shortly after the Fire Fighters strike in 1977. Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a fire on Whale Island Portsmouth. The island is the....
by Peter Copley Published on 1st December 2021 10:51 PM
Since joining the British Merchant Navy Friends social media I have noticed many members have written and had published either non-fiction books,...
by Peter Copley Published on 24th May 2021 10:02 AM
I joined the Merchant Navy in August 1959 as a cabin boy having failed on account of my defective colour vision to get into the Royal Navy and onto...
by Peter Copley Published on 21st May 2021 06:00 PM
The current dispute between Gaza and Israel reminded me of an incident that happened to me back in 1969. While serving on the oil tanker ‘MV Captain.....
by Peter Copley Published on 11th April 2021 12:22 PM
In December 1967 I was the radio officer on board the Greek flagged MV Eugenie S Embiricos, loading cargo in Long Beach CA. I was following the local....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Most Read Articles

Most Commented Articles

Top Authors

Article Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order articles in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Article Forum v4.1.2 Copyright by BananaLive