Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlawfull

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Unlawfull

Well the latest revaluations are that these killings were not as the result of the war in a sense, but a deliberate cold blooded killing just to blood the new recruits by the senior officer or sergeant of the SAS squad in order to get the new recruits ready for combat. I well remember the carnage of the war as do many on here. But two of the people killed were 14 year old boys, one a sheep herder who took no part in the war, just a killing for killings sake. What were we saying about the Japs, the deliberated machine gunning of merchant seamen in the water after sinking their ship was an act of bastardy, I take what John and others say that when in the middle of a war many civilians were killed, but this was just to get the new bloke used to just killing, no different than someone killing a member of your own family just to make him feel big. WE should have been out of that country years ago as it will stay the same for the next thousand years. Because they are our troops doesn't make it any better.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 21st November 2020 at 12:43 AM.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

2. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That then Des is a vastly different situation and if found so , those found to be Guilty and the Senior in Charge should be Punished according to the Rules of a Military Court
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#12... Shouldnt of even been there Des. Wasnt that the one where was supposed to be a quick in and out. ? Invasion of any foreign territory should only be taken as a last resort. And should be an army of occupation. Or to put it more aptly an army of victory over an enemy country. Like Europe was. They should be left alone to their own business otherwise. To add mistakes to mistakes the present situation in Europe at present was aggravated by having free movement and doing away with borders. If one could go back far enough on this site you would see that in general most members were against this
    in the first place. Why do stupid politicians get their own people involved in others problems in the first place. JS
    R575129

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

An Army lawyer has thrown a spanner in the works.
    He claims that under the current Army laws there is no law under which they can be charged, remembering they ae trained to kill.

He said the only way they can be charged is in civilian court in Afghanistan charged with murder.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Age is no barrier, remember a lot of suicide bombers were aged 11/12 upwards, both boy and girls, and we know that will continue

10. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have had various emails sent to me , these are not necessary my views , but will attempt a few on here...
    According to Historian Mark Johnson, the killing of unarmed Japanese soldiers was common.
    A report on Nancy Wake one should read the report on her self confessed actions .
    The bizarre doctrine of command accountability has now been added to the Geneva Convention as the Yamashita Standard and adopted by the International Criminal Court in 2002.
    it was applied and used to convict many military leaders in the recent Balkan war prosecutions.
    Remember the Jedi Council fiasco in Australia in which the Yamashita Standard was not applied?
    for those who havent read Bravo 20 by Andy McNab .
    There is plenty of reading matter on the internet and not necessary from the media. Maybe they the media should read and get upto date and reprint some of it.
    JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Copy of an excert ... If we can all agree that the Yamashita Standard will be ruthlessly applied in its entirety then it will probably surprise the reader that I wholeheartedly support this travesty. Then again, I see it as probably the best opportunity we will have to clear out and imprison the desk warriors who are no longer focussed on war, but on the 57 varietys of gender, fighting climate change,ethnic and religious diversity , building mythical pyne box submarines and buying the worlds most expensive and ineffectual warplane etc. We only get to lose one war and investigations such as this are well on the way to helping to achieve that outcome.
    Oh , what great days when the Iron law of unintended consequences eats its own.

these are not my words but someone has pissed the writer off.

JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Yamashita Agreement refers to the Execution of General Yamashita who was executed by the allies of allegations of crimes. It was not for any crimes he himself committed but as the senior officer he was held responsible even though he did not even have communication with his troops. You have today the same system in shipping where the master is held responsible for any others action under his command and this has always been there to my knowledge. As regards the lady mentioned formerly she was and is still one of the most decorated women of this and the past century. She admits about shooting another woman in cold blood in the belief it would save her blabbing to the Germans. She says in her statement she felt no remorse. There are laws for some and other laws for others. As regards the Yamishita and that agreement being upheld , then the chief of the Army Command is guilty as Hell. Maybe why he is quick to apologise. JS.
    R575129

14. Thanks thomas michael thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looking at the other side of the coin Lord Kitchener threw tens of thousands of British Lives away in a slaughter of unparalled killing. For which he received all sorts of medals including Knighthoods. Wonder if he ever slept peacefully at night. JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    I remember those nurses that were marched into the surf and machine gunned by Japanese soldiers in the last war. Only came to the outside world's attention as one of those nurses though badly wounded actually survived to tell that tale.
    So many of these conflicts go back centuries. Human nature just doesn't seem to get it. So many lives wasted for what? Politicians own some of the responsibility as they send these people into those places we have no right to be.
    I feel for the majority of the other soldiers who will end up being tarred by the same brush yet be innocent of the crimes.
    They had it right in ancient times. Both opposing sides lining up against each other. Someone shouts " charge" and they go to it in some field with the population not getting involved.
    The nurses were on SS Vyner Brooke escaping Singapore Feb 1942. The uncle of a friend of mine was 2nd mate. It was bombed. Many of the Australian nurses got ashore on Banka Island just as the most brutal regiment in the Jap army was moving in (The units that murdered their way through the hospitals of Hong Kong). He had an incredible escape and made it to Fremantle after an arduous journey through East Indies. He wrote it up in 1952. His original manuscript 'One Jump Ahead' was passed to me by his nephew, so I've published the story as "One Jump Ahead" under his name A J Mann. Two children were on his liferaft for a while but then were lost from his knowledge. I discovered this year that those children are still alive and living quietly. I've now lodged the original manuscript of Lt Mann with the Australian Memorial archives - it is still an important story for many Australians. Lt Mann went on to be a beachmaster at the Anzio landings - he died in 1959.
    Last edited by Harry Nicholson; 22nd November 2020 at 10:59 PM.
    Harry Nicholson

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast