Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unknown Warrior.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The Unknown Warrior.

A four minute video to be respected by everyone. Show it to your children, grandchildren and gt grandchildren.

https://youtu.be/FFav8-49XNo

Regards from,
    Fouro.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Unknown Warrior.

#1... The first world war is really what the Rememberance day is all about. The Army casualitys were massive and dont think they have ever been exceeded in any known war during History. Since the second world war there have been other wars with their own casualitys , but dont think anything in the realms casuality wise as the slaughter house of 1914/1918. JS
    R575129

3. Thanks Fouro thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Since WW1, the war to end all wars there have been more casulaties than during WW1.
    In fact some say more then both world wars.
    Man has been, and will continue to do so, killed more of his own kind than any natural disasters ever did.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is it the people, the average guy in the street, who does not get on with his neighbor and who wants war with him.
    Or could it be the politicians, greed and the need for dominance that creates war?

But when you look at some countries in the mid east region, there they are fighting most of the time, who goes to work to pay for the armaments??

But there they are all the latest from Russia, USA, China, all the latest weapons.
    Obviously supplied by those countries, but for what.

Well could it be, if they continue to fight amongst them selves they pose no risk to the west.

But if they found peace, got themselves educated and maybe began industries they may then pose a threat to the dominance of the west, so they keep them down in this manner

OMG I do have convoluted mind some times.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 14th November 2020 at 05:01 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

7. Likes Dennis McGuckin, Ian Walsh liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just wondering how many of you in the past week have had a lump in your throat looking at the WW1 'Dead Man's Penny' and Scrolls which were sent to thousands of families in Britain when loved ones were Kia.
    My grandparents received news that my uncle who was a Sgt in the Argyll's was missing in action and although they received his medals and Penny, up until the day they died, they never gave up hope of seeing him walking through their cottage door.

"For the loss of loved ones and there were so many
    The King sent each family, a 'Dead Man's Penny".

Regards from,
    Fouro.

9. Thanks N/A, Ian Walsh thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife uncle was lost in WW1, his body never found. The red cross did an enquirey after the war, and as far as the last person saw him, was diving into a shell crater, just as another shell arrived in the same hole. He was a member of the Isle of Wight rifles, and we have all his letters written in pencil from that episode, really sad reading. He had survived the battle of Gallioli prior to being sent to France. kt
    R689823

11. Thanks Fouro, N/A, cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

my family were always aware of joseph capps who was killed in 1916 on the somme ..... my grandfathers brother.... during the last war my own father was in that region and borrowed a jeep to go to dernancourt to the war graves cemetery.....while he was there the germans made a push back and they had to return to there unit tout suit
    many years later i was nearly at the end of my journey coming up from southern spain after driving towards calais through the night ......getting a bit tired ...pat was asleep next to me as the journey had beeen quite long
    the dawn was just arriving and as usual in that area a mist about 3 foot high was drifting about .....i was thinking of dernancourt although i did not know where excactly it was.......suddenly on the roadside i saw a wooden cross pointing down a rough track ....sign posted dernancourt ..i took a hard turn which woke pat up i told her were we were heading and we approached a gate .....we parked and inside the gate was a book containing the names of the fallen and a row number to find the grave ..it was just coming light as we found the grave

joseph capps....yorkshire regt......1916 age 23...with the words
    no dawn arives .....or evening falls but we think of thee dear son....pat was upset and i did surely feel a great sadness.....but the place was immaculate .....and so peaceful ....it was a thought that has stayed with me for the rest of my time.....so sad a memory .......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Almost every area, town, villages lost men, for what?? what did we learn, nothing , and then had to do it all over again in 1939, a complete loss of millions of human lives, . Our children and grandchildren should always be aware of these sacrifices. And here we are again, trying to break free, kt
    R689823

14. Thanks N/A, cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Almost every area, town, villages lost men, for what?? what did we learn, nothing , and then had to do it all over again in 1939, a complete loss of millions of human lives, . Our children and grandchildren should always be aware of these sacrifices. And here we are again, trying to break free, kt
    and again and again and again and again

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And we must not forget the animals who died in man made wars.
    Click the html below.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland...-fife-53236516

Regards from,
    Fouro.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast