PDA

View Full Version : Login names

Brian Probetts (Site Admin)
19th November 2019, 12:44 PM
The British Merchant Navy
Old Friends Plus

I receive many e-mails mentioning that it is difficult to find old friends on the website when a 'Username' is employed.

They do have a point, so I wonder whether you would allow me to change your username to your real name thus making
it possible for old friends to contact you should they spot your name?

May I also mention the Crew List, if you haven't yet added your name and ships to this please consider doing so, the
link is at the top of the website.

Please click here to send me an e-mail (brian@merchant-navy.net)

Many thanks,

Ivan Cloherty
19th November 2019, 04:31 PM
Just a thought. a lot of people whist posting on this site, may not want to be found for a number of reasons.

19th November 2019, 11:36 PM
If my post was read correctly it will be seen that there is no requirement to use ones proper name, it is just a request.
The principle object of the website is, as the title suggests, to help find old friends, it is not just a blog.

Posts on this forum are also not intended for general discussion, they are for inclusion in the Newsletter only.

19th November 2019, 11:40 PM
Ivan... This website is here to help merchant seamen find old friends, for that a name is needed but it would seem that we do have
members who do not want to find old friends so hide behind a pseudonym.

Doc Vernon
22nd May 2020, 06:47 AM
With due respect please do not post silly replies to what Brian is trying to put across to ALL
Thank You

I have deleted some posts as will be noticed!

David Williams
20th June 2020, 01:19 PM
I cannot see much reason for posting if
you do not want to be "found".
Dave Williams