PDA

View Full Version : P&O GCD Reunion 2019

Paul Potter
18th August 2018, 01:42 PM
Are there any ex P&O GCD personnel on this forum thinking of organising a reunion in 2019?

I am from a close group of ex Riversdale P&O GCD Deck Cadets who went to Riversdale from 1973 to 1977. We have held reunions in the past and they haven't always been inclusive to P&O GCD personnel. We also invited friends who attended Riversdale College of Technology in Liverpool at the same time. The first vessels that our group sailed on were of the 'M' Class ex BI cargo vessels (Merkara and Morvada).
We hope to hold a reunion next year, or are equally content to join others looking to make up numbers and share costs.

Regards,

Paul Potter

Robert Arlington
5th February 2020, 09:02 AM
Are there any ex P&O GCD personnel on this forum thinking of organising a reunion in 2019?

I am from a close group of ex Riversdale P&O GCD Deck Cadets who went to Riversdale from 1973 to 1977. We have held reunions in the past and they haven't always been inclusive to P&O GCD personnel. We also invited friends who attended Riversdale College of Technology in Liverpool at the same time. The first vessels that our group sailed on were of the 'M' Class ex BI cargo vessels (Merkara and Morvada).
We hope to hold a reunion next year, or are equally content to join others looking to make up numbers and share costs.

Regards,

Paul Potter
Hi Paul,
I sailed with you briefly on mv Mataura in 1976 when we were cadets. Also Mark Rickets & Pete Steen. Happy days!. I met you again 1988 on the Stenna Line Felicity on the Fishguard - Roslare crossing when you were kind enough to show me round the bridge. Promised to have a get together which never happened :-(. I am now living in Southern Spain enjoying the sun with plenty of time to go through these forums :-)
Regards
Rob

russell irving
18th March 2020, 08:33 PM
Hi Paul,
I sailed with you briefly on mv Mataura in 1976 when we were cadets. Also Mark Rickets & Pete Steen. Happy days!. I met you again 1988 on the Stenna Line Felicity on the Fishguard - Roslare crossing when you were kind enough to show me round the bridge. Promised to have a get together which never happened :-(. I am now living in Southern Spain enjoying the sun with plenty of time to go through these forums :-)
Regards
Rob

Hi, I sailed on Manora , Merkara and Morvada in the 70's, IEEO, I was on Merkara- StrathMeigle for 2 tours of duty always good memories
on a good run Gulf-Australasia. Where is everyone now ? lost touch. drop me a line.
best regards Russ Irving in Cumbria