PDA

View Full Version : Orecrest

Robert Byron
4th April 2018, 11:20 PM
I sailed on the orecrest in the 60,s and have some photos of her in Port Talbot :0012:

j.sabourn
4th April 2018, 11:49 PM
Welcome Robert I was also on 4 ore carriers at different eras. The Pennyworth and the Ravensworth ( Dalgliesh) and much later the Beechwood and the Cherrywood (john I Jacobs) the Ravensworth and the cherrywood being of the smaller versions and able to get into Port Talbot through the locks. You may have seen either of those ships regularly in Port Talbot. You may even also know Cindy of local fame. Cheers JWS

Des Taff Jenkins
5th April 2018, 01:48 AM
Hi Robert.
Welcome to the site hope you stay and enjoy all that there is to read.
Were you on any other ships if so list them here, you never know who on site may have sailed with you.
Cheers Des

Robert Byron
8th April 2018, 03:06 PM
Hi Des,
yes i sailed on the M.V. Southwick and was still on her when she was sold to the Cubans, also sailed with Ellerman Papyanni on the Flaminian, SS Blandford a tanker and the Acavus a Shell tanker
Cheers
Bob

thomas michael
8th April 2018, 05:15 PM
I sailed on the orecrest in the 60,s and have some photos of her in Port Talbot :0012:

hi Robert Byron
so was I, in 65/66 deck boy
tom

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Robert I was also on 4 ore carriers at different eras. The Pennyworth and the Ravensworth ( Dalgliesh) and much later the Beechwood and the Cherrywood (john I Jacobs) the Ravensworth and the cherrywood being of the smaller versions and able to get into Port Talbot through the locks. You may have seen either of those ships regularly in Port Talbot. You may even also know Cindy of local fame. Cheers JWS

hi j sabourn
I remember one girl, after servicing all of the deck crowd, was taken off by ambulance, due to a over enlarged entrance that was left in a aggravating and bloody mess. don't remember her name though,
tom

Robert Byron
8th April 2018, 07:08 PM
Did you get to Vitoria in Brazil with the Orecrest or up to Lulea Tom

- - - Updated - - -

How come you are in Cooma Des