PDA

View Full Version : 4 cars and mortgage

Bengy Roberts
5th October 2017, 12:50 PM
Some horrid posts by certain members about bums n stiffs,,lately.Just few words about this.Few doors from me,man and wife have 3 cars,BIG house,all the gear,,but have 4 jobs,one never sees them as they are working their lives away,and they are not on minimum wages,so your bums,,n,,stiffs,cannot get employment,think this is called GREED,BENGY

Ivan Cloherty
5th October 2017, 01:13 PM
Could also be called ENVY

Bengy Roberts
5th October 2017, 01:15 PM
no no no

john walker
5th October 2017, 01:27 PM
Most of the people on this site when at sea worked an average 80 hour week and did so to earn a living, This would be considered '2 Jobs' by the present day European working time directives. If people wish to work several jobs, to better their lives good luck to them. I am just about to retire having passed the retirement age 2 years ago. I carried on working not because I enjoyed working but because I enjoyed the benefits of what the income gave me. I have friends who are still working way passed retirement age for the same reason. I have heard people come out with similar drivel to the above about they should be made to retire and let others take the work.

Bengy Roberts
5th October 2017, 01:30 PM
not drivel

Captain Kong
5th October 2017, 01:36 PM
Bengy,
we don't want to start the debate again,

But if people want to spend the Money they have worked for and paid Taxes on their wages, they can buy six cars if they want, it is their money, NOT Tax payers money, So What is Your Problem?????
You can have anything you want, if you work for it,
BUT Do not expect the Tax Payers to buy cars for you like the ones in my avenue.
I pay taxes on all my pensions so I can go anywhere and spend as much as I like, Nothing to do with anyone else.
Brian

Also...... If people are taking other peoples Jobs, What about the MPs like The Beast of Bolsover, he is 85 years old and still an MP,HE WILL BE 89 YEARS OLD at the next election. another younger man could do that, he will have a massive pension to live comfortable on.
Corbyn is 68 years old, next election he will be 72 years old , taking another younger persons job,
So start at the top first before you whinge about jobs being taken.
End of subject.

John Pruden
5th October 2017, 01:50 PM
barb and I have just finish four years of free room and board for my son his partner and our little granddaughter so they could get a foot at the bottom of the housing ladder that's what it takes to give your kids a start the deposit for their house? now the job starts putting up with barb on my own?:p jp

Bengy Roberts
5th October 2017, 01:58 PM
John.you helped your family free gratis,,thats what parents are for,,well done sir,respect Bengy

Bengy Roberts
5th October 2017, 02:03 PM
been there John My sons friend had nowhere to go,,yrs back..so we took him in for year, till he got somewhere, both he and and son lived rent free, and we fed them as well,,plus took them to florida on holiday,BENGY,

cappy
5th October 2017, 02:14 PM
barb and I have just finish four years of free room and board for my son his partner and our little granddaughter so they could get a foot at the bottom of the housing ladder that's what it takes to give your kids a start the deposit for their house? now the job starts putting up with barb on my own?:p jp###thats what families are for john to help each other get on in life ....oops probably upset someone saying that ......but seeing our own climbing in life is a great reward .....respect to you cappy

john sutton
5th October 2017, 02:56 PM
Some horrid posts by certain members,BENGYcould be called ambition.My son has a big house with a huge mortgage.Him and his wife have 3 cars all expensive including a well known Italian sports car,a yatch and weekend cottage and they work long hours to pay for these things and also pay school fees for 2 kids and down time is to go and play with their toys so they are not seen around the area

Bengy Roberts
5th October 2017, 03:06 PM
got bicycle,myself...very happy

cappy
5th October 2017, 03:08 PM
##well john odds on your.right while benji doesnt see them they will be having la dolce vita ......but then they will have paid into pension funds so they can retire without having to worry about money ....cappy

Captain Kong
5th October 2017, 03:31 PM
My son has a One and a Half Million pound house in Hampshire. they have three cars, [ Big Mortgage tho.]
But he has worked bleddy hard with long hours for them.
I paid his college and Uni fees, and now it is a pleasure to see that all the work was not wasted. not cost the Tax Payer one penny, and now he just saves lives.
But I guess Bendy wont like that ,
Too much Envy in this country.
Brian

Doc Vernon
5th October 2017, 06:58 PM
Just my bit!
My Wife and I have worked many Years for what we have (She is still working at 70 full time) a House,Car and some Money in the Bank ,we do get a small part Pension as well ,this is allowed under the Government Law !
At times in my life I have really grafted long and hard hours but that was life,and it all paid off in the end!
We helped a young Lad quite a few Years back now,he was literally thrown out of his Home,a great pity,so we took him in he went through School (his last Year) then on to University and all this time we kept him with no charge at all.
He eventually got his Lawyers Degree and found a great position ,he is now Married with Kids of his own and shows just what can be achieved!
Yes many of us worked hard and long ,but as said pays dividends!
Cheers

Bengy Roberts
5th October 2017, 07:02 PM
dividends are good,,well done Doc

John Pruden
5th October 2017, 08:36 PM
after the first stroke and heart do I gave everything I had to my kids that was nearly 10 years ago? kidded myself there? but saying that everyone of my boys who got their first house with the family all builders every bit of work needed done it was by all but I was still the boss?? now I get dad I don't want you to do anything but just come up and I will do the graft? after 10 minutes its get out of the way but I do what I can be allowed to then bad for days after at our age we can pass what knowledge to the next generation and they can pass on to the next I showed my 8 year old grandson to splice will he ever use that knowledge don't thing so but he can? and marion my love you are right health is everything in life this day to day stuff is doing my head in? jp until then a laugh a day keeps the quack away:p:p jp

happy daze john in oz
6th October 2017, 04:54 AM
I started out with nothing, and like so many still have most of it left.

But we worked hard, for some time I was with a catering agency some times doing three shifts a day. We had two pubs and a restaurant for some six years, long hard days.

Here in Oz we have refurbished one house and built three, all paid for by hard work and a concept that if we did do the hard yards it would pay dividends, and it has.

there is nothing wrong with owning a big house, or even two, a big car or three, we have two, as long as you work for it then go for it.

But there are those who would not work in an iron lung and think the world owes them a living. They will also say anyone who does well is greedy.
Well we did well and by no means are we greedy, I give three days a week as a volunteer at the local community health centre.
If you want it and are prepared to work for it, as many jobs as you like, then that is OK by me.

John Pruden
6th October 2017, 07:24 AM
lads I would have enough to last me all my life if I died tonight?:p but happy you bet your life I am worry is the biggest killer I never use that word?? jp

robpage
6th October 2017, 08:01 AM
Some people are unemployed , some unemployable , I regard " Bums & Stiffs " as the scroungers and spongers who take advantage of the people and the state . I believe they are much rarer than the media would have us believe . look at the programmes churned out about Bailiffs , sheriffs , nightmare neighbours , dole fiddlers , ad infiinitum .they never make programmes about normal people , they are not interesting . Today's kids are shown that all they have to do is become a celebrity , of course there are bums , but there is a lot more hard workers

Bengy Roberts
6th October 2017, 09:45 AM
what im saying is people work many jobs,make themselves ill thru it,,and still some cant get enough money,,give others a chance,I SAY

- - - Updated - - -

good reply,,sensible as well..BENGY

- - - Updated - - -

happiness, and health.although many of us have health issues,,we can still be happy BENGY

Doc Vernon
6th October 2017, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately Bengy
Some just have to work 2 or three jobs to keep the Fires burning,as the cost of living,Houses ,Petrol etc etc rises and the Wages seem to stay well below the rising costs!
Now not saying this applies to all,as I know there are many who just work for the Money to spend on Luxury!
But on the whole Bengy most just try and keep up with the times! Its a hard World out there!
But understand you comments!
Cheers

Bengy Roberts
6th October 2017, 12:12 PM
Doc as usual.Thank you
Bengy

Ivan Cloherty
6th October 2017, 12:45 PM
Bengy doesn't have to worry about fuel costs, as he is quite happy pedalling his bike

Bengy Roberts
6th October 2017, 01:57 PM
and keeping fit,,and warm,and healthy,even tho got bus pass24235

Ivan Cloherty
6th October 2017, 03:07 PM
and keeping fit,,and warm,and healthy,even tho got bus pass24235

Knew I'd seen you before, you're looking good!

Bengy Roberts
6th October 2017, 03:10 PM
yeah,Ivan. ands thats me on a good day BENGY

cappy
6th October 2017, 03:11 PM
Knew I'd seen you before, you're looking good!####but your not wearing lycra bengy

happy daze john in oz
7th October 2017, 05:28 AM
Health is more important than wealth.
If you are healthy then you can work and create wealth, but there are those genuine cases where they are unable to do so.
They must be taken care of by society if we are to live in a civilized society.
But there are those better on the Dole for the sake of society for as workers they would be more disruptive than valuable.