PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts.

Fouro
30th September 2017, 01:03 PM
Have you ever thought what's going to be the outcome of this forum when all of us oldies become unable to write threads about our experiences. It very much looks like the thousands who keep on joining the site will have "anything" to read.

Fouro.

Bengy Roberts
30th September 2017, 01:15 PM
Recently watched series about the merchant navy,Times have changed,,container ships 88 thou tons,22 crew,,very quick turn arounds,hardly any time to go ashore,,we had the good times,Bengy

Red Lead Ted
30th September 2017, 01:31 PM
I think the site should be archived, For future generations to make reference to, And i firmly believe that the Merchant Navy we all new, Should be brought to the fore on occasion in the national curriculum, We are an island nation and once had the biggest Merchant fleet in the world. It would be a great shame to think so much was endured by so many seaman for the Nation it was all lost in the annuls of time. Terry. :th_thth5952deef:

Bengy Roberts
30th September 2017, 01:35 PM
We have our memories,,cant take that from us.Bengy

Fouro
30th September 2017, 07:04 PM
Have you ever thought what's going to be the outcome of this forum when all of us oldies become unable to write threads about our experiences. It very much looks like the thousands who keep on joining the site will have "anything" to read.

Fouro.
The last sentence should read:
It very much looks like the thousands who keep on joining the site will not have "anything" to read.

Fouro.

vic mcclymont
30th September 2017, 07:23 PM
This my sound cruel an couldn't careless, its not.
It all depends on the site owner and how long he/she maintains an interest, once that interest has gone the site goes.
I was a member of a maritime site from its inception, it was unique, it did not follow the off shelf programs that most sites use.
Over the years the owner cried wolf, many times, and eventually he disappeared to do his own thing with ship loads of maritime history and photographs under his control.
Others are trying to recreate, and successfully, the original site in a new format, it has taken them years to achieve.
I know of sites that are being archived that have historically incorrect information on their pages, but it is hard to correct the info.
So in my opinion it all depends on the site owner.
Regards
Vic

John Pruden
30th September 2017, 07:26 PM
everything will be ok I am going to live forever?:p:smashPC: jp

vic mcclymont
30th September 2017, 07:32 PM
Whats your secret John?

Fouro
30th September 2017, 07:47 PM
everything will be ok I am going to live forever?:p:smashPC: jp

Having said that John, I think you'll die of boredom, reading your own threads.

Fouro.

Bengy Roberts
1st October 2017, 12:34 PM
John,even ole hugh heff expired,:LolLolLolLol: Bengy

happy daze john in oz
2nd October 2017, 05:30 AM
But like information about the armed forces during the world wars and other wars, so the MN story must be kept alive with them.
A division of the forces so long forgotten, but so important to the outcome.

John Pruden
2nd October 2017, 06:28 AM
Having said that John, I think you'll die of boredom, reading your own threads.

Fouro.not a very nice comment fouro another on ignore list that's 3 up to now?

Fouro
2nd October 2017, 12:08 PM
First and foremost, no malice was intended to hurt your feelings JP.
But remember the past is the past for a reason.

Don't get wrapped up in the negative,
Be grateful with what you've been given,
Live for today not tomorrow,
Be positive, be happy, enjoy livin'.

Fouro.

happy daze john in oz
3rd October 2017, 05:32 AM
First and foremost, no malice was intended to hurt your feelings JP.
But remember the past is the past for a reason.

Don't get wrapped up in the negative,
Be grateful with what you've been given,
Live for today not tomorrow,
Be positive, be happy, enjoy livin'.

Fouro.

I agree but we must learn from them past in the hop we do not make the same mistakes again.

Des Taff Jenkins
3rd October 2017, 05:47 AM
Hi Fouro.
I have already phoned ahead, there is a big laptop waiting for us to continue. he said that this site will endure the ages until there is no sea to talk about.
cheers Des

John Pruden
3rd October 2017, 07:33 AM
fouro you fell for the banter ? thought you knew me by now mate take more than that to wind me up mate?:p jp

Lewis McColl
3rd October 2017, 09:44 AM
How many times have we heard , lessons will be learnt from this shocking incident. Usually from some bellend from Social Services after yet another child has been over a period of time been abused, broken bonesetc!! Not so long ago there was a child who died more or less from malnutration. This was a child at school, even the teachers mentioned they had noticed him scavenging in the bins, jaysus H christ would that not send alarm bells ringing!!!
The last thing in the world countries like America, UK, France, Russia ,China etc, want is world peace all these countries have massive arms industries.
I am convinced they all agree atime frame for were the next little skirmish will take place, but not before an arms deal will be done first, let's face it spear chucking and rock throwing there is no profit in that. We have learned nothing from history apart from maybe best not press that big red button !!!! JUST YET!!!

Keith Tindell
3rd October 2017, 09:53 AM
The international language of MONEY rules everything, almost every single argument boils down to the money god, kt

Roger Dyer
3rd October 2017, 10:57 AM
John,even ole hugh heff expired,:LolLolLolLol: Bengy

Yes, Bengy.......I imagine he died from exhaustion......absolutely shagged !!!:rolleyes:

....Roger

p.s. My apologies to the ladies.

John Pruden
3rd October 2017, 11:02 AM
keith it still does not stop us interfering in other countries differences ? now we have backed ourselves in a corner in the middle east? they have always had a leader with his foot on their throat it has worked for hundreds of years that way. while someone else is trying to sort something out the UN and NATO should be doing it we are paying into both yet its costing us billions as well in lives and will do for many years in terror strikes all over Europe? jp

Bengy Roberts
3rd October 2017, 01:33 PM
Roger,Well rogerred,Bengy24185

Keith at Tregenna
3rd October 2017, 08:28 PM
But like information about the armed forces during the world wars and other wars, so the MN story must be kept alive with them.
A division of the forces so long forgotten, but so important to the outcome.

THE OLD SITE STILL COMES UP SOMETIMES IN SEARCHES.

Guess much once on the net most stays somewhere ?

K.

Des Taff Jenkins
4th October 2017, 02:11 AM
Hi John P.
Well they certainly don't need more arms in the US of A; not when someone can take [if the news is not false] seventeen rifles and machine pistols into a Major Hotel in Vegas. I think there were even congratulations in the House of Reps,on the number of guns he had. {No that's my fake news, but not far off.}
Cheers Des

happy daze john in oz
4th October 2017, 05:26 AM
Lewis, to some degree I agree with your comment about not learning from the past.

But not all the past was bad, there have been good instances where we have improved as a result of it.

But as stated greed is the dominant factor in the human phsyce and that will never change.
It does drive some men to do good for society, the people such as Branson who created an empire that employs so many and benefit as many again.

Then there are the Pol Pots, Saddam's, and the politician who will take all they can from the system and repay nothing.

That is the way man is.

John Pruden
4th October 2017, 06:37 AM
fully agree les if you live in a state where animals would kill you then allow guns to be sold but there are many two legged animals around so what is the answer the NRA has not said a word they control who gets the job in the white house. its not guns that kill people its people that kill people? I have some air weapons in my home but it does not say I will go on a shooting spree and some of mine would kill you always kept safe? jp