PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Age of Liners

John Arton
5th March 2016, 08:43 AM
Here is a nice video for you all to watch, hopefully. Let me know if it plays overseas o.k.
rgds
JA
https://youtu.be/HjfJzkUQ4vE

Ivan Cloherty
5th March 2016, 08:50 AM
Just tried it John, says it has been blocked by the BBC

John Arton
5th March 2016, 09:11 AM
Ivan
Thanks for that, looks like I have wasted a load of time recording and uploading.
I will go back to UTUBE and see if "sharing" the video allows it to be viewed.
rgds
JA

Rodney Mills
5th March 2016, 07:50 PM
No go in the US John.

Chris Allman
5th March 2016, 09:19 PM
John dont despair I have found THIS (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nf0nl/timeshift-series-9-2-the-golden-age-of-liners) link which works for me - hope it works for all.

Peter F Chard
5th March 2016, 11:40 PM
Hi Chris, No joy in NZ other than a lengthy spiel from the BBC about the reasons for no overseas viewing. Regards Peter in NZ.

John Arton
6th March 2016, 03:37 PM
Overseas guys
I have been trying different ways that I can upload to UTUBE various BBC and other U.K. channel programs that I think you all may be interested in. Regretfully nearly all this programs contain copyright in the form of DRM (a digital copyright format). I have purchased a program that supposedly removes this copyright and so allows me to upload copies of these programs to UTUBE to enable a world wide viewing audience but have encountered difficulties.
This is my latest attempt and according to UTUBE it has been uploaded successfully (each conversion and subsequent upload entails hours of work) but on viewing the video manager in UTUBE it tells me the video has been blocked for world wide viewing due to copyright content, so at present I am stumpted. On BBC IPlayer there is a control that allows you to share your down load on Facebook so for the SEA CITIES Southampton episode I used that to put up a link on my Facebook page to that program. Now if any of our overseas members are on facebook just maybe they may be able to use that link though possibly you will have to ask me to join my "friends" circle on Facebook. I did try searching for Doc Vernon on facebook but when I put his name in the "Find FRiends" a list of people came up with the same name but from the info. shown I was unable to identify Doc amongst them all. I have a Facebook friend in Croatia who "liked" my link so I have asked him if it was just the photo in the link he liked or was he able to view the actual program the link led to, awaiting his reply as he may be at sea.
So if any other member here is on Facebook and wants to give the link a try, send me a "friend" request. My facebook page is as far as I am aware is public and under my own name, I am also a member of the Stolt Nielsen group on facebook.
rgds
JA