PDA

View Full Version : Everyone

gray_marian
6th July 2014, 12:10 PM
Okay, give up!!!......................Not all on holiday surely? These last weeks on site have been terribly quiet. Would be great if EVERYONE looking in participated occasionally no?.........:(

cappy
6th July 2014, 12:24 PM
Okay, give up!!!......................Not all on holiday surely? These last weeks on site have been terribly quiet. Would be great if EVERYONE looking in participated occasionally no?.........:('''''''yes i agree but i just think we are enjoying the weather and the summer nights.......hope ypu aredoing the same marian ...but i believe the weather is not so good in jockland.....regards cappy

robpage
6th July 2014, 01:13 PM
We is here !"! , Kong is in his summer abode in fleetwood , maybe that is why it is quiet ?

Ivan Cloherty
6th July 2014, 04:29 PM
Okay, give up!!!......................Not all on holiday surely? These last weeks on site have been terribly quiet. Would be great if EVERYONE looking in participated occasionally no?.........:(

Have tried to get others to contribute, so it is left to a small nucleus who are oft having to repeat what they said before, but eh! oh! as long as people are reading it, it will keep it alive, sometimes perhaps we nuclii contribute too much and the newbies feel they are interrupting, but any new guys out there, please contribute, and some of you modern seafarers will have stories of modern times and experiences to regale us oldies with. I know some of the non-seafarers feel they should not contribute or ask questions, or feel that if they ask they may look silly, but we don't mind, because everyone of us, old and new, is still on a learning curve, about each other and other department's duties, and questions raise memories and we need to go on record before that awkward man Al Zimer claims our memories.

So jump in lads and lasses and all will be appreciated.

Keith at Tregenna
6th July 2014, 04:30 PM

Just a tad busy. K X

John Pruden
6th July 2014, 06:11 PM
marian I am laying out on the decking in my thong thing?{that should start something}jp

cappy
6th July 2014, 06:15 PM
sounds nice john wot colour isit

Jim Brady
6th July 2014, 06:17 PM
From time to time the site does go flat which can only be expected,time of the year etc.This is not the first time that this has been brought up I think the last time was by Vernon,it was said then that there are posters and readers and you cannot make people post that just like to read.At present figures show 84 members on line and we know that at most there are about 12 regular posters so if the readers just like to read so be it!!!
Regards.
Jim.B.

cappy
6th July 2014, 06:19 PM
sonds like benders and senders jim .....bags been a sender......lol cappy

John Pruden
6th July 2014, 08:05 PM
spiced it meself cappy?jp

Keith at Tregenna
6th July 2014, 08:52 PM
From time to time --Jim.B.

Go along with that Jim. K

cappy
6th July 2014, 09:04 PM
nothing like a good madrass......or vindaloo

Richard Quartermaine
6th July 2014, 11:02 PM
You lucky b*****s. Woke up this morning to this http://weather.ninemsn.com.au/nsw/central-tablelands/katoomba?custom. And there's John P swanning around in his deck chair!
Richard

Doc Vernon
6th July 2014, 11:08 PM
Yes Richard
Its Winter!!!
LOL!
Nice crisp and clear Mornings!
Irene walks to station here every Morning,2km she really loves it!

You know the old saying that someone is a "Brick" when they are steadfast and true etc,well Irene is a House Built of the strongest Bricks!
What a Woman! Don't know why she puts up with me haha!
Cheers

Red Lead Ted
6th July 2014, 11:29 PM
Marian, Are you missing me hun rrrrrrrrrrrr its nice to feel wanted even if it is in cyber space. Lets not forget its not only barbacue weather Maz !!!!! There is the matter of the World cup being played. I fully understand that coming from Scotland you may never heard of it they very rarly take part :hidesbehindsofa: But we dont all live amongst wind and rain every day hun. Come down to Liverpool Maz, You will find a lot more to do than spend your time watching the rain outside the window. :I-Am-Smiling: hun the site will pick up in no time Marian this is the norm this time of year Who loves ye Terry.:cool:

gray_marian
6th July 2014, 11:58 PM
Well thank you for all the replies. To answer Cappy, John & Terry the weather up here is actually very nice at present all be it the occasional bout of rain, but I've been confined to bed till next Thursday with pneumonia so not getting any:( I thought the world cup was over? Have watched the tennis and the Tour de France I hear is underway in Yorkshire. Rob I read your posts every single day and appreciate.........now John you didn't answer cappy! Hope its not red or flesh
coloured never a good look unless on a pulchritudinous young woman:p

Richard Quartermaine
7th July 2014, 12:39 AM
Crikey, Marion, I think a bloke would have to be careful paying such a compliment to a pulchritudinous young woman. "Watch it Jummy, ye'll ge' a smark in the mooth!"
Richard

- - - Updated - - -

You lucky man Vernon. It's called LOVE.
Richard

happy daze john in oz
7th July 2014, 05:51 AM
Marian what else can they do at thgis time of year but sit back with a cold one and watch. In Yorkshire you have dykes on bikes, Wimbledon shelias in shorts, Brazil breaking backs so i guess they might be a bit busy just now. But we here in Oz stil around even if Vernon and Richard have cold blood.

gray_marian
8th July 2014, 04:24 PM
#18, Well I never!.....'cold blood' eh John, I always assumed Australian's were hot blooded:p

Ivan Cloherty
8th July 2014, 04:30 PM
#18, Well I never!.....'cold blood' eh John, I always assumed Australian's were hot blooded:p

Only the women Marian, only the women, the men are only interested in a tinnie, which was great for us marauding foreigners when we hit port

happy daze john in oz
9th July 2014, 06:43 AM

Oh but I can assure you I am that, but I choose to live in an area that gets some sun, not up in the bloody mountains where you could freeze in summer.
But I fear some of the hot blooded Brazilians may not be so hot, they did not play very well with their balls today, the bloody Krauts beat them at it.

john sutton
9th July 2014, 09:53 AM
I would love to post more but I have a problem since the change of format in as much as I do not know how to start a new thread

john gill
9th July 2014, 10:07 AM
#22- Me too john. I don't consider myself a technophobe but I cannot figure that one out !I'm sure some Einstein aboard here will no doubt, in the fullness of time, reveal the secret of the Sphinx.

Richard Quartermaine
9th July 2014, 10:25 AM
John and John, to open new thread:
Click on Forum Home (not the list that drops down)
Scroll down
Pick desired thread
Scroll up
Click on new thread
Type as if it was Reply on this post I am now sending and you're in business
Cheers, Richard

Doc Vernon
9th July 2014, 10:25 AM
I would love to post more but I have a problem since the change of format in as much as I do not know how to start a new thread

Hi John
Don't need to be too clued up to post new thread mate!

If you Click on "Forum Home" at top of any page,then select what Category you want to start new Thread ! eg. "Welcome 'PLEASE SAY HELLO' then when that Forum opens just look at top left where it says 'Post New Thread" Click on that and Wallah!!
That's it mate all done and dusted!

Hope this helps you and others !
Cheers
Just beat me to it Richard! Thanks

NB There is my contact below as well for anything I may be able to assist with,just Email me!
Thanks

Richard Quartermaine
9th July 2014, 10:31 AM
Vernon
Both at 8.25 pm great minds think alike.
Cheers Richard

john sutton
9th July 2014, 03:58 PM
thanks richard and doc.
struggled with your suggestions but without avail.every time i followed your instuctions i came up with AVG search page.I have been using explorer and Roxanne(her indoors) suggested going through google chrome which i did and when i followed your instructions worked perfectly.
once again thanks a lot

Captain Kong
9th July 2014, 04:14 PM
Hi Fans.
I am back after a week in sunny hot Fleetwood. Looking like a Bronzed Apolo with sun bleached hair like I was 50 years ago.
.I wish.
Had a visit from a good friend from Aitutaki in the Cook Islands.

Called to see William on Monday, just followed the aroma of his Brilliant Bacon Barms.
Very busy, so didnt stay long.
Cheers
Brian.

john gill
9th July 2014, 04:14 PM
Oh dear, it is with some trepidation that I will attempt to follow the instructions of Richard and Doc, bearing in mind that my namesake had a couple of stabs at it before his success. I shall step outside now....... I may be sometime......
Gilly

john gill
9th July 2014, 07:04 PM
thanks richard and doc.
=== thanks a lot
Did something similar John- switched to Chrome and after a wander round the site managed to locate the thread facility. Problem is , I've forgotten what thread I had in mind to post. Hey ho- sitting outside in my garden with a bottle of sauvignon blanc will, I'm sure ,stimulate the (very) grey matter.
gilly

happy daze john in oz
10th July 2014, 06:13 AM
When starting anew thread one must ensure that you have the button available and of the correct size and color. For further information on this matter pleas speak with Marian.

john gill
10th July 2014, 07:13 AM
#31- Welcome to the Handy Hints Forum. Thanks for that tip John. I'll maybe have to borrow The Lady of Sherwood's palm and needle, flogged mine years ago in the House of Fun on Boogie St for services rendered.
gilly

Doc Vernon
10th July 2014, 07:47 AM
thanks richard and doc.
once again thanks a lot

You may have an outdated IE John!
What version are you using!
Upgrade to IE 11
That should solve it as well!
Google Chrome is good though !
Cheers

john gill
10th July 2014, 09:46 AM
Hi Fans.
I am back after a week in sunny hot Fleetwood. Looking like a Bronzed Apolo with sun bleached hair like I was 50 years ago.
.I wish.
Had a visit from a good friend from Aitutaki in the Cook Islands.

Called to see William on Monday, just followed the aroma of his Brilliant Bacon Barms.
Very busy, so didnt stay long.
Cheers
Brian.

Would that be a mint with a hole Kong Or a Greek God.

gray_marian
10th July 2014, 09:57 AM
#32 & 33, 'You may have an outdated IE John!'........Yeah that's it:D.............What on earth is
that Doc??????:)

Stuart Henderson
10th July 2014, 10:34 AM
My seagoing career was now so long ago its hard to find a subject of interest , which was the reason of joining the site. Its nice to see the old names and their comments but WE all seem to be getting less nautical in our posts ??????
Stuart

john gill
10th July 2014, 11:19 AM
#36-Hello Sailor. feel more at home now Stuart?
gilly

- - - Updated - - -

#32 & 33, 'You may have an outdated IE John!'........Yeah that's it:D.............What on earth is
that Doc??????:)

That'll be internet explorer dear.

Ivan Cloherty
10th July 2014, 11:54 AM

It was only a couple of posts ago that Cappy was talking about making a 'dogs cock' for Mary and also a 'grommet' so the nautical theme is still alive, however he did not say what he was going to do with them, so 'heave to ' and 'belay' any intentions and resume a normal 'course', best I can do at short notice Stuart

cappy
10th July 2014, 12:48 PM
My seagoing career was now so long ago its hard to find a subject of interest , which was the reason of joining the site. Its nice to see the old names and their comments but WE all seem to be getting less nautical in our posts ??????
Stuartha ha stuart.......shiver me timbers and pieces of eight.....hoist the mainsail and roger the cabin boy ....drop anchor andheave away me harties .....we are bound for botany bay ......and other nautical terms as ....this is a bleedin workhouse ....and what corned dog again ......and roll on death payday is to far off ...and was the term seamen ive hit them or some other term .......just to remind us that it is a seamans site ...but why does it deviate so much haha cos its a seamans site.......so off to the apple barrel ......regards cappy

gray_marian
10th July 2014, 02:17 PM
#37, Ah 'Dear' John, Just testing:p.........."A Momentary Lapse Of Reason":)

Captain Kong
10th July 2014, 03:19 PM
Hi Stuart,
there are plenty of seafaring stories on the Swinging the Lead Forum with the `Seafaring Stories` thread..
Sea stories of our times in the 50s.
May bring back a few memories.
Cheers
Brian.

happy daze john in oz
11th July 2014, 06:01 AM
Hi Stuart,
there are plenty of seafaring stories on the Swinging the Lead Forum with the `Seafaring Stories` thread..
Sea stories of our times in the 50s.
May bring back a few memories.
Cheers
Brian.

Like the B. Striseland song,

'Mamaries of a time I used to know.........................

Stuart Henderson
1st August 2014, 03:05 PM
ha ha stuart.......shiver me timbers and pieces of eight.....hoist the mainsail and roger the cabin boy ....drop anchor andheave away me harties .....we are bound for botany bay ......and other nautical terms as ....this is a bleedin workhouse ....and what corned dog again ......and roll on death payday is to far off ...and was the term seamen ive hit them or some other term .......just to remind us that it is a seamans site ...but why does it deviate so much haha cos its a seamans site.......so off to the apple barrel ......regards cappy

Hi Cappy, Not quite what I meant . I spent thirty years at sea 1947 to 1977 , all types of ships passenger,cargo,tankers,coasters,ferries and then on to North Sea rig Beryl A travelled the oceans. Wanted to talk about shared experiences of the Merchant Navy in those days,or before., So many of the posts dont even mention ships or the life and many just take the piss out of other members. I didnt sail on any sailing ships either,heard the other quotes many times though.

Regards Stuart

Ivan Cloherty
1st August 2014, 03:33 PM
Hi Stuart #43, a lot of us oldies who have been on site for six years plus have exhausted our store of stories, I know that more than half of my 3000 plus posts (a lot more actually as about 2000 disappeared into the ether) were sea and nautical subjects, so it is up to to those who rarely contribute, take yourself for instance 292 posts in 5 years and others of similar traits to regale us with their exploits; they are not secret are they?. This site is a giant messroom and it will stray from 'hey ho and up she rises' as the messroom (and saloon) did at sea. So sharpen your pencil and regale us forthwith, with 30 years under the mast then you must have some stories to tell, we would welcome an injection of nautical lore to help us survive, as the usual stalwarts are now flagging, you say you wanted to talk: 'over'.

cappy
1st August 2014, 03:51 PM
hello stuart ....nice to see you back after so long away ....i find this site very enjoyable ...i chat to like minded people every day ...i have always respected elder people ......i have looked to see if you have given any seafaring tales but see none ......perhaps you will regale me with some of your adventures i am sure i and others lok forward to them........but after telling so many stories of what happened inour long or short time at sea we have heard most of them before .....you state quie proudly you were at sea in 47 they i am sure were not easy times i bow to you .........i was at sea in 49 with grandfathers at 9 on colliers ......if you refer to taking the piss tell me who from ....i only joke with people i know and who know me ..........i look forward to yor interesting monologue with great excitment ......i hope you are ingood health ..i am offto my daghters 50th birthday tonite and shall be back late........hope that doesnt bore you .....and look forward to some nautical tales from your good self to read on my return...regards cappy

Captain Kong
1st August 2014, 04:31 PM
Hi Stuart,
as I have said there are Many sea stories on `Seafaring Stories` thread on `Swinging the Lamp` Forum`.
A lot of my adventures of my voyages are in there, Just look and enjoy and reminisce, you may know the ships and some of the characters and even some of the barmaids.
Enjoy
Cheers
Brian

E.Martin
1st August 2014, 04:54 PM
The boy stood on the burning deck eating a tupney walls.
A bit fell down his trouser leg and paralised his balls.

The boy stood on the burning deck by god he was a ripper
He stuffed his **** with broken glass
And circumcised the skipper.

Keith at Tregenna
1st August 2014, 05:26 PM

Sorry, just busy work wise, shifts are eating up most of my evenings and have deadlines to achieve re: MM WW1 etc.

K.

- - - Updated - - -

The boy stood on the burning deck eating a tupney walls.
A bit fell down his trouser leg and paralised his balls.

The boy stood on the burning deck by god he was a ripper
He stuffed his **** with broken glass
And circumcised the skipper.

Seems to be a cross between 70's Judge dread and the good ship Venus ?

Ian Malcolm
1st August 2014, 06:02 PM

I suspect that the new format is putting people off. After logging in, I have to press Control +, to reduce the print size and allow me to see the drop-down list under FORUM HOME. I then have to select QUICK LINKS then TODAY'S POSTS. I would also like to see earlier posts, YESTERDAY'S and earlier, but this is not an option. Not a format to encourage use of the site.

Regards

Ian

Ivan Cloherty
1st August 2014, 07:00 PM
Agree Ian, not the easiest format to use, but you get used to it, what is an improvement to a computer addict can throw the spanner in the works for the rest of us, but please persevere, it will fall into place. It is easy to catch up on yesterday's or previous days as every post has a time against it at the time it was posted, so if I last looked in at 1400 hours I don't need to look at anything prior to that as it records the entries chronologically (as far as I can ascertain).

The computer wizzes may be able to guide you better, to me the computer is just a glorified typewriter with a few additions such as email etc

Keith at Tregenna
1st August 2014, 09:00 PM
many just take the piss out of other members.
Regards Stuart

Missed that, certain that no longer occurs ? K.

Jacyn Wade
1st August 2014, 10:31 PM
Okay, Marian, I'm finally back. After two lovely sails across the Atlantic on QM2, I'm afraid I've been a bit slow to get back on track. Why oh why did I not go to sea when I was young??? Here are a few pics...

gray_marian
1st August 2014, 10:45 PM
#52, Hurrah you're back,;) Jacyn you have no idea how mischievous some of these chaps have been, perhaps now they will listen to the voice of authority! Pray do tell all of your adventures;)

j.sabourn
1st August 2014, 11:03 PM
Welcome back Jacyn, Ref. why oh why did I not go to sea. There was a post some time ago of why I went to sea. the answers could have varied from because the judge gave me the choice either go to sea or go to gaol, to my father went to sea and it was expected of me. A lot in my time in the area I lived didnt have rhe choices that came later, where it was the mines, the shipbuilding Industry, the fishing fleets or the MN. Myself with my urge to see the world was always the RN, this was impossible as parents wouldnt sign the papers, and the only way was a year later with the understanding I went away as the old man said an apprentice. He came from the old school where he thought everyone had to serve an apprenticeship. Going to sea was a vocation open to most males if fit and not blind. Women are more likely to be serving sea-going members now than what they were then, as the powers to be have tried to be politically correct and reserve openings in what was once a male predominated industry. The sea as you see it as a passenger on a large vessel however may not be the same idea of the crew with you as their heavenly desire, and as I suspect a lot were of alien nationality were probably there to earn what to them was a well paid livlihood. You probably had more enthusiasm than most of them. I quote from what I observed in my latter days at sea. The bonhommie which was there years ago seemed to disappear in latter years. I know many people who go on cruises and they get great enjoyment from the experience and the best of luck to them. If more in the governance and political ship management had of had more enthusiasm for our once great merchant fleets maybe we would still be in the same position of years ago. I hope you rebooked for your next cruise as all helps to keep that part of the industry going. Pleased you had no mishaps on your holidays or did you, many would like to hear being the bunch of old gossips we are at times. Regards John S

Captain Kong
2nd August 2014, 07:34 AM
Welcome home, Jacyn.
Glad you enjoyed your trip on QM2.
I have done ten weeks on her, Magnificent ship. the only one built as a transatlantic liner instead of a cruise boat.
She is much better than her two juniors, Victoria and Elizabeth.
I always sail with Holland America now, better than Cunard. except for QM2.
Let us know what it was like for you
Cheers
Brian.

j.sabourn
2nd August 2014, 07:36 AM
#43... Stuart wasnt the Beryl a platform, been round most in the North Sea in the Uk and Norweegian sectors. That right you had a snooker table, or am I thinking of another platform, wouldnt get seasick there then. Cheers JS

John Arton
2nd August 2014, 08:17 AM
welcome home jacyn, glad to hear you enjoyed your sea voyages and from one of your pics it looks like the N. Atlantic was kind to you.
Your pic #3 shows the magnetic compass in its usual state found on ships these days, wrapped up in canvas.
I bet none of the Navigating Officers actually use that compass to find out the magnetic compass error but just compare the magnetic heading from the periscope at the steering stand with the gyro compass heading and record the difference in the compass record book as "magnetic error". Wonder if they even bother with deviation etc. or if they do any correction if the deviation grows?
Next time you go cruising, if you ever get a chance for a bridge tour, to impress them, ask to see the deviation curve. It should be dated no later than 12 months previous and show deviations of no greater than +/- 3 degrees East or West.
Deviation is the error of the magnetic compass caused by the ships own induced magnetic field effects and the total magnetic compass error is made up of the deviation and declination, which is the error induced by the earths own magnetic field. The two together make up the magnetic compass error which varies on different headings and needs to be applied to the ships compass heading in order for the ship to sail on a true heading.
The gyro compass will always point to true north within 1 degree or less and so is used these days to steer and safely navigate the ship. It also feeds heading information to the Radars, AIS, ECDIS etc. but the magnetic compass is still required to be fitted in case of gyro compass failure.
If there deviation curve is older than 12 months since last correction of the magnetic compass, then you can further impress the bridge plonkers by pointing this out to them, that is if they can differentiate between a deviation curve and womanly curves of passengers and female crew members.
Lesson for the day over, again glad you enjoyed the trip and look forward to seeing more pics.
rgds
JA
p.s. re pic#1, excuse ignorance but what building is that a pic. of

j.sabourn
2nd August 2014, 08:17 AM
Stuart you were probably coming off the rigs when I was just starting in the North Sea. I started with Wimpeys in 78, finished up with Seaforth maritime for the next 8 years, they were bought out by Farstad, and after that was just what job you could grab, even went back deepsea for almost 12 months. If you came away from Deep sea in 77 you timed it well, as was after that jobs for British Seafarers got harder and harder to find. I was on one rig down here had come from the N.S. via Singapore, for a rig shift, the night toolpusher was from Aberdeen which I realized before saying too much as knew some of his compatriots from round the Dockside pubs, the Waterloo and the Quarter Deck to be more precise. Out here the oil Industry was a bit more laid back and didnt seem to have the frantic urgency at time displayed by some of the rigs, which I suppose when you were paying then 100,000 pounds a day for, caused the urgency to get the drilling finished. Dont be put off with idle chit chat, there are some very good posts for information on other channels so to speak, just think of this one as Ch.16, distress and calling. Cheers John S.

Stuart Henderson
2nd August 2014, 11:16 AM
Thanks for your post Brian. Yes Ive read and enjoyed your posts over the years and they were just what I was trying to express, truly nautical flaoured,great fun and true of those days of long ago. My memories failing a bit these days.Im 84 but still think it was all worth it. I spent twenty years working in Libya and saudi after my seaging years which probably addled my brain a bit.
Cheers
Stuart

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Jacyn,
Glad you enjoyed your cruise must be in your blood ?
Just noticed your Dads photo AND discharge book number. Cant say I recognise his photo but of course thats a long time ago ? No did notice his discharge book number was issued shortly after mine (R396040) and wondered what ships and companies he sailed on in his early days at sea. I personally in my first ten years decided it was a great way to see the world and did a lot of one ship/one trip to go on different runs and types of ships. Maybe we sailed together . be interested to know ?

I took my wife Ann on one of the last NY voyages round voyages of the old original Queen Mary in late sixties. I was with Cunard at that time so got good rate. Like yoursit was a magnificent truly enjoyable experience.
Stuart Henderson

Jacyn Wade
2nd August 2014, 05:24 PM
Marian, adventures, let's see... probably too many to list here, but Liverpool was a definite highlight. Met a few scousers, some of whom I could only understand about every fifth word they spoke! Stayed at the Albert Dock, which was fab! Oh yeah, met a woman on QM2 who was born in the same hospital as me - Mile End. More will come back to me in time.

John S., funny what you say - found most of the crew more interesting to talk to than the other passengers, ha ha. Guess that says something, don't it?? My dad ended up at sea because a judge gave him a choice - gaol or merchant navy. He wanted to go to sea so the choice was easy for him.

Brian, QM2 is almost indescribable!! I didn't want to disembark. Captain was Chris Wells on westbound voyage, a bit of a funny sounding bloke. Heard a tale that he "crashed" either Queen Vic or Queen Liz in NY some time back. Had the tug caught between her and the pier and took out part of the pier.

John A., thanks for the navigation lesson and an explanation of that pic. If I ever get back on board, I shall be sure to ask. First pic is of the Merchant Navy Memorial on Tower Hill... tsk, tsk, tsk.

Stuart, yes, must be in my blood. Dad's dad was also a mariner, a cook. My grandmother's dad repaired ship boilers. My mum's dad was a musician at sea. Yup, definitely in my blood. My dad sailed mainly with Blue Star Line, but too many to list here. I've got his list of ships here under Crew Lists - have a look and see if any are familiar to you. Would love to know if you ever met up with him.

Back to adventures, can only post one pic... should give you some idea...

Captain Kong
2nd August 2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Jacyn.
I have sailed with Chris Wells a few times, QE2, QM2 and Q.Elizabeth. he was ex Shell before Cunard.
here is his photo with Anne on the left and her friend Barbara on the right.
Cheers
Brian

Jacyn Wade
2nd August 2014, 08:58 PM
Oops, I should be careful what I say, shouldn't I Brian? As I say, it was a tale from a couple of passengers who experienced the incident. May well have been quite exaggerated. Captain Wells was certainly entertaining whilst delivering the daily announcements - the comedian on board (forget his name now) poked great fun at them.

It was a fantastic journey, both ways, and the sea was relatively calm. Wishing I were still on board...

Cheers,
Jacyn

Stuart Henderson
3rd August 2014, 10:37 AM
re post 43. Yes thats right she was a full drilling rig highly productive whilst I was on her. Used to helicpter out from Aberdeen,but often due to
inclement weather we would divert back to the Orkneys and fly back to Aberdeen in an old Dakota.
Stuart