Laurie Ridyard
15th April 2014, 10:17 PM
SHIPS NAME AND SERVICE RECORDFull Name
Laurie Ridyard Discharge Book Number
R 691775 Department
Deck Your Rank/Rating
Apprentice 3/0 2/0 Which Ships were you on and When
MV "Trelawney" March-November 1959 App.
SS " Treglisson"November 1959- February 1960 App.
MV "Trecarne" March 1960- March 1962 App.
MV" Trevean " March - December 1962 3/0
MV " Antrim" May 1963 3/0
MV " Tremayne " June 1963- January 1964. 3/0
MV "Tremeadow" February - July 1964.
MV" Trefusis" September- December 1964

Rest to follow Notes:
-

Red Lead Ted
15th April 2014, 10:29 PM
Welcome Laurie, You will get a lot of feedback on them old Hains Tre boats I was in the Trevaylor, 70/71 They were real ships to work on deck I think the Tremeadow was her sister. Remember the old monkey face gear aft to top her sticks your heart was in your mouth when you dropped that bar on the old ratchet, Surely one of them must have carried away at some time. I used to tickle them with the old chipping hammer. Regards mate Terry.

Des Taff Jenkins
16th April 2014, 06:22 AM
Hi Laurie.
Welcome to the site, as Terry says quite a few ex Tre boat men on here. My first ship in 1949 was the Trevose I did four trips two years. The two apprentices at the time were a bloke named Phelps and a Peter Jones I think I will post a pic when I get off line and scan same, you may have met them as 2nd or chief mates later .
Cheers Des

Laurie Ridyard
17th April 2014, 08:48 PM
I am having some difficulties with the site, vis:-

1. I want to make a query to all members concerning a shipwreck on the w. shore of the Gulf of Aq'aba. How do I do it?

2. I saw somebody mention an old friend of mine Frank Lovegrove, but cannot find it now. I tried using the search but no luck. Can you assist?

Laurie.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention- I would also like to start a Forum/ Thread on the Met. Office Volunteer Observers to draw attention to the data we collected and how it is being used. How do I start?

cappy
17th April 2014, 08:59 PM
there was a british tanker up there one time went aground and was raided and stripped by the thieves that live upthere ....cant remember its name now was some other story about it regards cappy

Des Taff Jenkins
18th April 2014, 06:14 AM
HI Laurie.
I have found the picture of the two apprentices from the Trevose, you may as I said have met them as mates on one of the Tre boats you were on.One on the left is Peter Jones ?]the other I only remember his last name is Phelps
Cheers Des

Laurie Ridyard
20th April 2014, 09:48 PM
Hi! Des!
No date to your photo. Sorry, don't know anybody called Pete Jones or Phelps.

Regard

Laurie.