PDA

View Full Version : oriana

johnmc
2nd March 2012, 12:02 PM
g,d day posters Any one know the whereabouts of Bill " Spud " Dempster who was a chief engineer on the old Oriana. May have been on the Oriana on the American West Coast in the late 60,s . May have retired to the Channel Islands but a bit of speculation here!
John mc

septiclecky
9th March 2012, 12:46 PM
If he was the same Willie Dempster that is on another website which is mainly for former P & O staff he passed away in 1983

Keith Moody
9th March 2012, 04:04 PM
septiclecky,

you say there is another website mainly for P&O, could you please send it to me HERE (http://www.merchant-navy.net/forum/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=5067)
thank you
seafarer

johnmc
22nd April 2012, 02:11 PM
If he was the same Willie Dempster that is on another website which is mainly for former P & O staff he passed away in 1983
G,d day Septic had a look for that other P&O site but I didn,t have any joy.Are you allwed to name it on this forum?
Regards johnmc

Neville Roberts
22nd April 2012, 02:35 PM
there is one for the Oriana alone try too get it with the title ORIANA I will see if I have it in my favorites good luck .Nev.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Found the Oriana site put in SS ORIANA and it should come up.

Doc Vernon
22nd April 2012, 10:50 PM
Not the site you are after but worth a look at some nostalgia of the Oriana!
Cheers

ORIANA - The New Zealand Maritime Record - NZNMM (http://www.nzmaritime.co.nz/oriana.htm)

septiclecky
25th April 2012, 09:47 AM
G,d day Septic had a look for that other P&O site but I didn,t have any joy.Are you allwed to name it on this forum?
Regards johnmc

The was some problems with it as the person who ran it did not like thr fact that one with a similar name was running on Facebook which started up after he had shut the site for period.

Google Seadogs-Reunited

johnmc
26th April 2012, 02:09 AM
The was some problems with it as the person who ran it did not like thr fact that one with a similar name was running on Facebook which started up after he had shut the site for period.

Google Seadogs-Reunited

Thanks for that info ,Septic, Also thanks to Doc and neville for news on the Oriana.
Regards johnmc