Benwsis(feb83-feb83) sold
Benhope(mar83-july83)
greyfighter(sept83-dec83)
benldi(feb84-june84)
bencruachan(aug84-dec84)
chemical tankers(jan85-mar89)

Sammi Perkins
21st November 2011, 04:44 AM
I was on the Ben Hope with you, i joined in Bruni Bay paid off Ghent.

denniswalker
21st November 2011, 06:10 PM
Hi sammie thanks for getting in touch,i joined in singapore and did sign off in ghent i was a edh (as the old fashion way) iam sorry that i do not remember u, but i am trying to remember any old shipmates from ben line,it is almost certain that we were onboard at the same time, do u remember anybody else from that trip?
:)

Sammi Perkins
22nd November 2011, 01:28 AM
Hi sammie thanks for getting in touch,i joined in singapore and did sign off in ghent i was a edh (as the old fashion way) iam sorry that i do not remember u, but i am trying to remember any old shipmates from ben line,it is almost certain that we were onboard at the same time, do u remember anybody else from that trip?
:)

Tony the 2nd cook, Peter the ass steward and a lad from up north Brora i think it was, he had his punk rock belt aken off him in London before the flight.. Mick Purcell he was a taff, Jimmy Tori, i think thats how it was spelt. The Cheif cook was a guy called jimmy from the western isles.

Im sure more will come to me,its my age :)

The Bosun was a real cool guy from gordieland, always had a smile, and a sharp wit.

Ivan Cloherty
22nd November 2011, 11:30 AM
City of edinburgh(dec81-june82)
benalder(aug82-dec82)
Benwsis(feb83-feb83) sold
Benhope(mar83-july83)
greyfighter(sept83-dec83)
benldi(feb84-june84)
bencruachan(aug84-dec84)
chemical tankers(jan85-mar89)

Wanted to join Ben Line when I finished my time, always looked lovely ships

But the Pool wanted to send me to the Ben Dover in Leith and I thought that was a step too far.

Gulliver
22nd November 2011, 12:23 PM
Wanted to join Ben Line when I finished my time, always looked lovely ships

But the Pool wanted to send me to the Ben Dover in Leith and I thought that was a step too far.

Well they sent me to join the Ben Doone...but,you know, I really couldn't be arsed either...one way or the other...:eek:.

Sammi Perkins
23rd November 2011, 12:35 AM
Eye the old ones are always the best

Ivan Cloherty
23rd November 2011, 08:11 AM
Eye the old ones are always the best

Not in the Bars I went into Sammi