PDA

View Full Version : Oronsay and Chusan

Jeff Glasser
8th October 2011, 06:23 PM
Can anyone tell me if the Chusan and Oronsay were sister ships?

Jeff

Captain Kong
8th October 2011, 08:16 PM
SORRY jEFF.but No.

Neil Morton
8th October 2011, 10:16 PM
sorry mate can't help you but I am sure there's a man who can on our site.

Ivan Cloherty
9th October 2011, 08:40 AM
Can anyone tell me if the Chusan and Oronsay were sister ships?

Jeff

Not in the strictest sense, but they were built on the same hull design but accommodation housing was different

Bob Sendall
9th October 2011, 04:13 PM
Now they were ships!!

Doc Vernon
9th October 2011, 10:17 PM
Hi Jeff (Buddy)
As you have been answered this is just a site that you may or may not jave seen!
So just for your enjoyment mate!
Some great Pics of this Ship here!
Cheers

ss Oronsay - P&O Cruises Ship (http://www.seadogs-reunited.com/Oronsay.htm)

happy daze john in oz
10th October 2011, 05:39 AM
Now they were ships!!

And the Chusan was your home for some time.

Pete Leonard (Bruno)
10th October 2011, 09:20 AM
Hi Jeff,
if there ever was a sister ship to the Chusan, it must be the Himalaya. Although there was a difference in the tonnage, the architecture is almost identical, with the exception of the additional mast on the Chusan.

Another feature is that they both came from the same womb, Vickers Armstrong in Barrow in Furness within a year of each other.

Cheers

Pete

Jeff Glasser
10th October 2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys, I knew Kong would know! I just happened to see a an old photo' posted on a web site for kids who were in Aden with their parents in the '50's and '60's. sometimes a picture is posted of ships inthe harbour at steamer point. This was one such photo' sorry about the quality!

Jeff

hank
27th December 2011, 06:01 PM
joined oronsay in1969 as deckhand was chippys mate for a while reterned in 71 for a six month cruise just before the tyfoid outdreak in vancuver.good days and good ship mates.

Bob Sendall
31st December 2011, 05:42 PM
And the Chusan was your home for some time.

Not me John, I sailed on the Corfu and then the Canberra, P&O then fell out with me and I changed Pool office to Liverpool ended up Cargo and Tankers