Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Politics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Politics

I might get a few arguments over this post but i am to long in the tooth and i can take it .
    My thoughts is this site getting into to much Politics .
    What is your thoughts on this subject

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A, Jim Brady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Politics

Agreed Lou. Too many grizzles on the site, instead of being addressed to the people responsible. If it's as well as the people responsible not so bad, but I don't think that's so. Could be wrong of course.

4. Thanks Lou Barron thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think with the Uk general erection not far away some of the lads wish to let off steam, nothing different to our time a sea, but maybe it should all be in the scuttlebutt postings. However what happens in politics effects us all
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

gray_marian Guest

I personally don't mind Lou. As Happy Daze says we have an Election in the UK which will affect all in sundry here. When overseas members such as your good self have Election fever I prefer to learn what you all think of your own Political parties than reading some Journalist's personal take on the matter. Perhaps as John said put in "gripes & moans" in scuttlebutt or have a Politicical thread where folk can sound off or not, just my tuppence worth.
    Last edited by gray_marian; 9th April 2015 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a time when politics was just in your country and that was it. But now we live in a global village, what happens in other countries now effects us all. Remember the aircraft downed last year over Ukraine? Presiential elections in USA next year, possible female president which ill have implications for so many outside of USA.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was listening to a teenage girl on T.V. this morning, she said she was afraid to put her point of view on Facebook because of all the insulting replies she may receive.
    As politics affects us all from the price of bread to going to war I think there should be more discussion not less. We all have are opinions and many will disagree with you but that is how it should be.
    We know putting our thoughts on here will not change anything but it is interesting to hear opposite views and opinions. We should never be afraid to express ourselves.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Personally there is too much crap going on in the world to be worried about which bunch of liars manage to get in to have their go at screwing the country up.
    Sick of politicians promising this that and the next thing, and then nothing changes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    I was listening to a teenage girl on T.V. this morning, she said she was afraid to put her point of view on Facebook because of all the insulting replies she may receive.
    As politics affects us all from the price of bread to going to war I think there should be more discussion not less. We all have are opinions and many will disagree with you but that is how it should be.
    We know putting our thoughts on here will not change anything but it is interesting to hear opposite views and opinions. We should never be afraid to express ourselves.
    LOU, Its surprising how little informed are teenagers are regarding politics, Its not regarded a subject serious enough to enter into the national curriculum yet the majority who trawl the corridors of Westminster, Are public schoolboy twits never done a days graft or wanted in there lives. There should be more people running this country who have been brought up in more humble lives ,Who have seen the other side of the spectrum far to many poloticians are simply seriously out of touch with reality and are not worthy of making judgments or policies that they will never understand what affect they have on the vast majority of people in these islands of ours. Its enough to make me vote S.N.P. Terry.
    {terry scouse}

gray_marian Guest

Ahh Terry, You forgot the likes of Mr Prescott!!! I think it would be more apt if you had to be at least 55 before you became an MP then at least you could judge them on their previous life experience and employment. As for the MP's in office at present I would clean up all the old "dosshouses" around London keeping original room sizes, okay I'll add ensuites and a flat screen and that would be their accommodation whilst staying in the capital. Decent wage but no other positions allowed till they retire, no alcohol in canteen or elsewhere and youngsters learning to cook, providing a subsidized lunch, afternoon tea..whatever. That should cut the figures down. That's just for starters...
    Last edited by gray_marian; 11th April 2015 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Terry.
    Unfortunately that is why the trade union movement is in such a sorry state, university trained idiots who have never lifted a shovel in their lives running the unions these days, god help the youngsters of the future.
    Cheers Des
    These were some of the 14 year old girls I worked with in a tinplate works when I left school at the same age.
    the girl second right front row cried when I was teaching her how to pack sheets of tin plate
    gorseinonpressworks1970s.jpg
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 11th April 2015 at 01:13 AM.

14. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast