Getting back to that movie the King Rat I think while it was a bit over the odds it could be based on true facts .Think back we did hear of some pow s eating rats never ever saw it done as regards to the chickens the officers who lived in huts outside the jail and I think the Japanese did have a garden and a chicken run the officers ran it but we never ever saw any chickens and all the time I was a pow I never saw a mossie net and I don't think there were any in the jail we in the jail had no electric lights .Going back to the guy who was called King Rat a American running the black market well in fact black market was prevalent and I did know a American who dealt in this market .He was a ex MN off the a American ship that was sunk by the raider that sunk our ship .How i got to know this American he was in the raiders Hospital at the same time as me he had wounds in is arms anyhow we got on pretty good he was a lot older than me anyhow he and a few other Americans ended up with us guys in Singapore he was a pretty good guy and he did get into the black market but he was in the same floor and block as all us MN guys the story we heard about eating rats came from some native troops ??? the black market was all the but very dangerous if caught