Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My stories of my UK stay

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default My stories of my UK stay

I will be starting to write my stories of my three months stay in theUK hoping it will not be boring you people and i hope to put some photos on the stories when i have them .In the mean time things have sure changed than when i lived there but that is understandable .Now thethings that i did notice that most people have their own homes ,carand can go on holidays abroad i know that there is still a lot of poverty .I suppose there will be a lot of people who will not agree with me but this is the way i see it .More later

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Holidays

Lou, doubt very much that your stories will be boring, they will portray with fresh eyes what we perhaps have not noticed because we have lived with the changes and have been part of them. What we do know is that they will be an honest account as you experienced it and we look forward to them. But first mate catch your breath and become accustomed to your present surroundings, as like a trip to sea you may have noticed some changes when you stepped ashore after a trip to far off places

It was a pleasure meeting you Lou, Regards Ivan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with everything Ivan says Lou
    Just take it easy after that long flight home, with a few G& Ts to refresh your mind.
    enjoy.
    Look forward to your story.
    Cheers
    Brian..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back again while in the UK i did a lot of travelling by train ,bus and by car and the amount of traffic on the roads was something we do not have here but i must say the driving is a lot better in someways the drivers as i saw it obeyed the rules and was a lot more considerate but the parking in some places was a a pain in the butt .and the train service not to bad and if you booked your train journey online it was a lot cheaper .I travelled a bit from my daughters place to London on a all day travel card 8 .90 pounds that would enable to use the train,tube and bus and i thought that was not to bad .Getting back to the state of Britain they sure have a lot of problems and not having much knowledgeof the politics it seems to be the influx of immigrants and should Britain join the UE (that i myself would not like to see ) and maybe to many Mp s in Parliament but overall this life .I did meet some very nice people in my travels through the UK but wil get to that later on more later

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Car travel

Louis the amount of traffic on the roads throws me, and when with the wife always ask her to do the driving for the first few days as she was more used to driving in the uk than me, being away most of the time. After 3 days I then had the excuse that there was too much alcohol for me to safely drive, she being teetotal and liking driving carried on. Apart from other peoples cars I think we managed just over 1900 miles in 6 weeks. Its very nice being chauffeur driven. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You must have been in the UK while i was there i dont think i could go back and live there to much hustle and bustle for me what do you think John

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well i arrived at Heathrow airport at 6am on the 5th May to start what was to be a most memorial stay in the UK i was met by my daughter,Brian her husband ,Eva and Scarlet my two grandaughters after a a few kisses we drove off to my daughters house in Twickenham i was feeling very tired but managed to have a couple . of beers and Brian started to have a bbq as the day was not to bad .Boy did i sleep that night .Next day still feeling a bit of colour we just sat around and talked and plan out a few things as i want to make the trip into London on the 10th May to go to the BoA Anniversary at the Trinity MN memorial ,so i thought i would rest for a couple of days more later

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Louis

Very nice to visit family and friends, beautiful countryside in good weather. However remember the winter months also. The uk has not turned into the country I expected it to be, however have known this for a number of years. Have no regrets on leaving and consider As the song goes Australia home. Most realize the way the country has gone mainly due to poor management and legislation. To me the United Kingdom is a country which needs no so called propping up by a bunch of politicians calling themselves a European Union, however time will tell. I only hope that the governments of Australia get the message and don't follow blindly in the uks footsteps, believe the Australian peoples will not accept such government and poor legislation. Great place to visit in the summer and will always be my birthplace, but not my choice of residence. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

aye john but some would say you've skinned out....or got a vnc.......me like the germans my country ....good or bad England uber alles or better still Geordie uber alles ....mind having saying that I did skin out to Yorkshire .....shall say no more lol cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do not like the Germans Cappy. the bastards.
    My motherr was blown up by the Germans and a lot killed. and I dont give a damn if some stupid europhile does not like it.
    Brian.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast