Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Bush Fires

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Aussie Bush Fires

It seems that things is pretty hot in Aussie just now the bush fires are causinga fair bit of trouble for the peoplewho are living in that area
    Hope all our ex MN friends are ok and not in any danger

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fires and the Heat!!

Hi Lou
    Thanks for thinking of all the people here in these very Hot conditions!
    There are many Fires Burning all over NSW ,somme not under control,but as yet havent heard of any severe injuries !
    Today here in the Mountains we are on full alert with Temps getting to 35 and high Winds,but again as yet we are safe and no Firefront here at all,hold Fingers!!
    I see that Tasmania had some terrible Fires over the past few days,and many Homes flattened by these Fires,many now left homeless,so lets think of them and hope that their lives can be restored and their homes rebuilt after all the devastation!
    In Penrith where you know we lived before,it has reached a scorching 43 degrees,but luckily there is not much Bush there,so not too much danger of Fires,however its bleedin Hot!
    Tomorrow they are forecasting a lot cooler conditions thank goodness!
    Cheers mate
    Vernon
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wish you good luck up there Vernon
    All the best.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Weve got two major fires out of Control in Victoria, one down near Portland and another in the Beaufort Carnham area.

we had temps of 45 here a couple of days ago. all the best Glenn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi vernon. thanks for your report on the fires. hope beth and roger are ok.
    that incredimail you reccomended is a load of rubbish. i ended up with idiots trying to sell me programmes and lots of adverts which i hate, and it also reduced my reading surface by half so i needed a magnifying glass to read the posts. never mind i still loves you and irene.haha
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So far so good in Katoomba, Blue Mountains. The wind is howling but we live opposite the Rural Fire Brigade and State Emergency Centre. Fire came up to our back fence a few years ago but the firies across the road pulled all stops out and kept us safe - they didn't want our house to burn down and shower their smart new control centre - now that would have been embarrassing!!. I thought my next door neighbour was away at that time so I was hosing down our joint fence area in the dark until he yelled out that he was getting soaking wet. Well, I said, a bloke's got look after his friends and anyway it was highly unlikely that he'd catch fire in that condition.

I think we are both OK Vernon - I wonder how Des is getting along in Cooma where there has been a big fire nearby. Thanks fellas for the posts above. They are appreciated.
    Richard Q
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Alf, that is what I got with incredimail, and a warning that it may damage your conmputer.
    Cheers
    Brian
    . Good luck to you all in Oz. Give me a shout if you need help.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i know where katoomba is as i spent a weekend there with rellies, but not sure where coomba is without looking on google earth, so i also hope des is ok
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Alf I too have been up to Katoomba where I met Vernon, been there a few times camping in my Camper Van,
    Now COOMA is in southern NSW,
    I went over the Snowy Mountains from Albury-Wodanga on the Murrey River in 2005 and dropped down from Mount Kosyoskow,* into COOMA , by the coast. I stayed in a camp site then.
    Cheers
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 8th January 2013 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Downunder Fires!

Well as said there are many Fires around all over and some are big and others not too bad!
    Yes Richard we are at this point AOK ,as you say,but have to be on the lookout for the next few days as well,as there are more very hot days coming our way!
    Yesterday i went and bought another Hose now have three just in case,and put up a good Sprinkler Systen on my Roof,cleaned all the Gutters as well,so am ready ! Hopefully!!??

Havent heard from either Beth or Roger,but i am sure that they are both OK,as otherwise would have heard something! Just hold thumbs for all !!

Richard i havent heard from Des either in Cooma,so hopefully he too is AOK!
    Yes those Rural Fire Services People are something else Richard,i have a Young Guy next door to me who is a Volunteer as well,and he is one great Guy! They really give so much to the community!
    I always donate to their cause as well,they normally phone up and ask for Donations in the form of Raffle Tickets,and i am only too willing to assist!

Sorry about that Incredimail thing Alf,its strange that as i recall when used to use it,(quite some time ago now)it was a good Email program,and i never had all those adds etc! They must be looking for Money ! Possibly going broke mate!
    We loves ya too matey!

Yes Capt you as i have said before have seen more of Aussie than many dinkum Auusies!
    I too havent been to many places at all here,and i will one day have to seriously look at taking a good trip around this vast piece of Land they call Downunder! haha!

Now its just to sit and wait and see what the rest of the Summer will bring,thank goodness its allready halfway gone!
    Cheers and again thanks to all the posts of support for the whole of Australia.

Old Doc Vernon
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast