Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Merchant navy day: Worldwide.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Merchant navy day: Worldwide.

just a wee email about our small mn day it was a very successful day although smalll in numbers it was a very good to see a few guys i have not seen for awhile it made my day

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Towe Hill

Hi Charles,

Hopefully, there maybe better press coverage of all this year?

Quite a lot so far regionally re: MN Day itself from around the country,

A fair amount reported from Australia, New Zealand and Canada.

London: Tower Hill in the morning hopefully will have a good turn out.

Cheers,

Keith.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Merchant navy day: Worldwide.

Merchant Navy Day Rememberance Service

Monday Sept 3rd. 11am at the Mosman Cenataph. Mosman War Memorial Myahgah Rd, Sydney

This year a new plaque mounted on a stone in the new garden will be unveiled at a special ceremony on the day.

Des Taff Jenkins

AUSTRALIAN MERCHANT NAVY DAY SOUTH AUSTRALIA, MONDAY 3RD SEPTEMBER 2012

Commencing 11am
    Workers Memorial Port Adelaide (Cnr Commercial rd & St Vincent St)
    Followed by short march to navigator memorial Port Adelaide Waterfront, Dock 1.

LINK: http://www.mua.org.au/event/300/

Merchant Navy Day

03 September 2012, 01:00PM

Wreath Laying in the Sanctuary

The Shrine of Remembrance
    Birdwood Avenue, Melbourne

LINK: http://www.shrine.org.au/Remembrance...t-Navy-Day-(1)

Merchant Navy Day Service, Auckland, 3 September 2012
    Voyager New Zealand Maritime Museum, Corner Quay & Hobson Streets, Auckland CBD

LINK: http://www.maritimemuseum.co.nz/merchant-navy-day

Dormanstown & Redcar Branch of the Merchant Navy Association.

Monday 3rd Merchant Navy Day Commemoration:

Merchant Navy Day - Service and wreath laying ceremony at the Garden of Remembrance, Coatham Road, Redcar at 11 am.

LINK: http://www.mnaredcardormanstown.org....ndar_2012.html

The main annual parade along the sea front the following week has been cancelled due to the ongoing work along the promanade: Deep Sea.

Dover:

MERCHANT NAVY DAY 2012

The Chairman of Dover District Council and the Dover District Merchant Navy Memorial Fund are organising a special service on Dover Seafront for Merchant Navy Day on Monday 3 September, and all are welcome to attend.

The Merchant Navy Day service, followed by a wreath-laying ceremony, will be held at the Merchant Navy War Memorial, Marine Parade on Dover Seafront from 10am to around 10.30am. There will be parade of standard bearers, and a brief service will be held to remember those who lost their lives at sea in times of war and peace. This will also be an occasion to celebrate the service of sailors who leave from our local ports.

LINK: http://www.doverforum.com/letters/vi...c.php?id=11109

MERCHANT NAVY DAY PARADE - DERBY

The Merchant Navy Day Parade and Service is due to take place on Monday 03 September 2012, follwed by a service at 11.00 am at The War Memorial, Market Place, Derby

LINK: http://www.eastmidlandsrfca.co.uk/ev...y-parade-derby

ILKESTON TOWN CENTRE

Erewash Borough Council will honour over 40,000 brave comrades who perished during the Second World War when it marks the annual Merchant Navy Day on Monday 3rd September.

The Council will commemorate Merchant Navy Day by raising the Red Ensign – the flag, commonly known as ’The Red Duster’, that flies proudly on British Merchant Ships – at both Ilkeston and Long Eaton Town Halls.

The Mayor of Erewash and the Deputy Mayor will represent the borough at wreath-laying ceremonies at the War Memorials in Ilkeston and Long Eaton at 11am.

LINK: http://www.ilkeston.biz/local-news/1...september.html

Will add all or more as I find them:

Please add any remembrance and tributes near you.

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 30th August 2012 at 07:52 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default MN Events on Sunday 2nd.

Merchant Day in Dunedin a get together at the Southern Tavern then on the Sunday 11th september a church service will be held with the Red Ensign to march in with ex MN guys.

Charles Louis Baron.

Liverpool:

There will be a Sunday midday service at Our Lady & St Nicholas seafarer’s church in Chapel Street (for a good seat be there by 11.40am).

The church service will be followed at 1.15pm by the Pier Head Ceremony with the flags of participating nations flying. Liverpool Boys’ Brigade will sound the reveille and last post. The service will coincide with the Irish Sea Tall Ships Regatta parade of sail in the river.

Southport Town Hall will fly the Red Ensign from Friday

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...#ixzz24sCUBaCq

Swansea:

THE Merchant Navy Day Service of Remembrance and Thanksgiving is being held in Swansea on Sunday, September 2.

It will be taking place at the SA1 Memorial to the Merchant Seamen & Fishermen of Swansea who gave their lives in the service of their country in 1939 — 1945 war and the conflicts since then.

There will be a wreath laying ceremony and personal tributes after the service, at 11.30am.

LINK: http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Me...ail/story.html
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 30th August 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default The Mission to Seafarers heads home in South Shields:

The Mission to Seafarers will resume its operations from its original home in Holborn House at last after 2010-floods forced a wholesale refurbishment of the building.

The opening of the Mission’s new-look home will coincide with Merchant Navy Day on Monday, September 3 when a special service to remember all those who served in the Merchant Navy will take place in the chapel from 10.30am.
    The Mission to Seafarers in South Shields provides support and guidance for seafarers visiting the Tyne.

LINK 1: » The Mission to Seafarers heads home in South Shields

LINK 2: Seafarers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default MNDay will remember!

As you will remember Keith, i will be Flying high on the Day,but will remember of course!
    Hopefully i may be able to spread this day with some others on the Flight!
    HAVE A GOOD ONE !! ALL OF YOU!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Royal british legion:

Boston & District Branch - Branch No: BR0135

Monday 3rd September - Merchant Navy Day - Service at The War Memorial, 10.30 for 10.45 p.m., followed by refreshments.

LINK: Boston Branch - News and Events - Boston & District Branch - Branch No: BR0135 - The Royal British Legion.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 28th August 2012 at 08:49 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Flying the ensign on Public Buildings:

The merchant marine’s famous standard, the Red Ensign – commonly referred to by sailors as the ‘red duster’ – is being flown over the Department for Transport’s headquarters at Great Minster House in Westminster.

Leicestershire County Council - County Hall:

Will seek more:

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 4th September 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will try to be at the one in Liverpool and then there is a lunch at the Eldonian Club I go every year, I will be in Fleetwood for the next few Days from tomorrow so If I can I will try and be there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Never miss Special Day

Hi Brian,I will be at Our Lady ST Nics,for the service of our pround Men and Women,never miss it,then on to the pier head at the Merchant Navy Monument for the service finish.Was there when John Presscot unveiled the Monument in 1989.Ken.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast