Thread: 15 th August

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 15 th August

A couple months ago i was asked by our local newspaper if i would give a article (as been published )about my thoughts about the Japanese this was to coincide with the anniversary of the end of the war .Well i said that if you had ask me this question in 1945 it would have been a hellof a lot different to now .I have no hatred against them now .To have hate in you body is not a thing you should have you can dislike some one but no not hatred

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure I could handle it as well as you Lou.
    Good on yer mate.
    Den.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hatered is very high emotional state and one that I do not condone. I can fully understand how mnay in the position Lou was in could experience this emotion. But for Lou and maybe others time may have mellowed them. Many attrocities are commited during war, some against the concience of the pepatrators but when commanded in those situations to do so one may have little choice. It shows the character of Lou as a forgiving person who came through some very tough times no doubt with many mentat scars, but at the end of it able to forgive.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 15th august

I can only admire Lou, after his experiences, literally living near death every day, for so long and seeing what he must have seen. time does mellow thoughts, but even so they were an extremely cruel race, because of how they were taught, never to surrender, had no respect for prisoners, now since the war ended they have become more humane, because of a different culture there, if u believe it a honor to die for the Emperor then u become nothing, just brainwashed, and will do anything ordered without question. they did not comply with the Geneva Convention on Warfare, was a frightening enemy.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

is it history repeating it self in today's times of suicide bombers they are willing to die for anything western are they the modern day kamikazes? the only thing is they don't care who dies men women and children!!! its a truly cowards way of fighting most of the murdered are of their own religion? they are truly brain washed.JP