after the brutal siinking of the gloucester castle then being picked up by the german raider and lined up on the raiders deck surrounded by jerrys with guns one of them ask if they were any wounded i had a wounded right hand that was badly puffed up and was a bit painful i was taken aside and blindfolded then taken by the arm by on of the jerrys boy was i sh---t scared i was in shock anyhow i was taken into the ships hospital they took the blindfold off me and i was ask by one of the jerrys if i would like a cigarettehe gave me one and lit it then came back with a mug of soup i think then a doctor had look at my hand and said in good english i would be ok the next thing they stuck a needle in my arm that was good night nelly i do not remember anything after that it must have been a good few hours when i came to i was in a bunk with nice clean sheets but no clothes on and my right arm was in plasterup to just below my elbow and as i rolled over the first thing i saw was a picture of hitler then one of the crew came over and gave me a pill after a few hours another jerry came to me and took my name and rank as i took notice some of the jerrys had white singlets on with with a swastikaon the front and some of them gave the nazi salute when the passed the picture of adolf after afew days my shirt and underwear and dungarees all nice and clean iwas then taken to a large cabin with several bunks it was very clean and also occupied by some other survivorsthe germans gave us very good treatment every thing efficiency plus