Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: RFA Black Ranger - Kenneth H Churchouse

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: RFA Black Ranger - Kenneth H Churchouse

That's the ship Doc, I have got the same photo which I think was sent to me by a member of this site many years ago. Where did you find it.?

Anne, the reason I said he had two daughters was that two young school girls did the trip to Paris with us on one of our voyages. One was about 14 and the other was about 12, it is nearly 60 years ago and my memory is getting dim but I am sure they were his daughters.
    The only other company I remember him talking about were the British Rail ferries from Southampton and Weymouth to Le Havre and Channel Islands, I think he was 2nd. and Chief Mate on them. I believe he had connections with the Channel Islands.
    I joined the "Somme" on 3rd.Jan. 1961 so that is 58 years ago. I did 12 months on her as Able Seaman and Mate and then I left to go elsewhere. I rejoined her in Aug. 1962 as Mate and did another 12 months in her. During that 12 months Ken left the ship and I lost all contact with him. He was a nice fellow and we got on well together, I often wondered what happened to him. Maybe he joined the "Black Ranger" after he left the "Somme" in 1962.
    Regards..... Alec Sheldon.

2. Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just came across it while surfing the Net Trader.
    One of those lucky finds ,
    Cheers

Here is another old one Trader again lucky!

Last edited by Doc Vernon; 7th January 2019 at 03:33 AM.
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks Trader thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Anne never came back to this post, maybe she couldn't find it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trader View Post
    That's the ship Doc, I have got the same photo which I think was sent to me by a member of this site many years ago. Where did you find it.?

Anne, the reason I said he had two daughters was that two young school girls did the trip to Paris with us on one of our voyages. One was about 14 and the other was about 12, it is nearly 60 years ago and my memory is getting dim but I am sure they were his daughters.
    The only other company I remember him talking about were the British Rail ferries from Southampton and Weymouth to Le Havre and Channel Islands, I think he was 2nd. and Chief Mate on them. I believe he had connections with the Channel Islands.
    I joined the "Somme" on 3rd.Jan. 1961 so that is 58 years ago. I did 12 months on her as Able Seaman and Mate and then I left to go elsewhere. I rejoined her in Aug. 1962 as Mate and did another 12 months in her. During that 12 months Ken left the ship and I lost all contact with him. He was a nice fellow and we got on well together, I often wondered what happened to him. Maybe he joined the "Black Ranger" after he left the "Somme" in 1962.
    Regards..... Alec Sheldon.

Hi Alec
    Thank you so much for more info for me to work on. Please don't think I was saying you are wrong as it may be possible he had 2 daughters. I only knew of a son and daughter and as you say it is a long time ago. I only knew and saw Keneth as a child and only met the son and daughter once or twice if I remember rightly. I am pleased you got on well with him. I am just so appreciative of all the info everyone has given me - now I just have to find the time to work through it.
    It's lovely to be gradually piecing together my Dad's family as he was one of 13 children so I didn't know all his brothers and sisters very well.
    If anyone has any further info please keep it coming. A I ave said before I work 6 days a week but will always read through all the posts.
    Thank you again to everyone.
    Regards
    Anne

- - - Updated - - -

Hi again,
    Yes just seen the picture - fantastic Thank you.
    I am only realy able to look for any length of time on a Sunday so have only just seen this -Thank you
    It's great getting all this info and pictures,
    So kind of you all to spare the time,
    Anne
    Last edited by Anne Maclachlan; 13th January 2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: misspellings!

7. Thanks Captain Kong, Doc Vernon, Trader thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, Trader liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5