Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hello

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default hello

hello everyone.
    i joined bp straight from school and left in 1976 as a 3rd officer.i loved every minute of the mn and made a lot of good friends.

2. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: hello

Quote Originally Posted by john antrobus View Post
    hello everyone.
    i joined bp straight from school and left in 1976 as a 3rd officer.i loved every minute of the mn and made a lot of good friends.
    ###in 58 i was on the beach in adelaide wanting to get up barmera way to work on the grapes ......a fine ex liverpool family took me in fed me and gave me ten ossie bob to pay back when i got my ist wage ...the family were named antrobus as i have said they came from liverpool in later years i contacted the son of the man and his wife who took me in and he told me sadly they had passed away...but there lovely daughter who i had a shine for had come back to liverpool and had married a greek guy .....i just wonder if by any chance this Antrobus were any kin of yours .....cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site John.
    You will enjoy .
    And thats an order LOL
    Ron the batcave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And from me too John
    Welcome and i hope that you will find lots to interest you and find some more Friend here as well
    Thanks for Joining!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Antrobus is a civil parish and village in Cheshire, England, immediately to the south of Warrington. It is situated within the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester, and has a population of 832, reducing to 791 at the 2011 Census.

A good friend married a chap that waY her surname is now Antrobus.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ###in 58 i was on the beach in adelaide wanting to get up barmera way to work on the grapes ......a fine ex liverpool family took me in fed me and gave me ten ossie bob to pay back when i got my ist wage ...the family were named antrobus as i have said they came from liverpool in later years i contacted the son of the man and his wife who took me in and he told me sadly they had passed away...but there lovely daughter who i had a shine for had come back to liverpool and had married a greek guy .....i just wonder if by any chance this Antrobus were any kin of yours .....cappy

Cappy, work on the grapes, no doubt code for wanting to get on the grog, and in the hope of seeing some of the local Shelias as well!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

9. Likes cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    Cappy, work on the grapes, no doubt code for wanting to get on the grog, and in the hope of seeing some of the local Shelias as well!!
    well i guess it wasnt really like that john ....an 18 year olds ist need as i recall was a good meal under your belt.....there was also the threat in those days of being lifted as a vagabond and slung inside again......if i remember correctly my only ist thought was to eat ...second to earn some money and thirdly the shielas .....grog was further down the list ....but once i earned my ist 20 quid a week ...after earning 11 pounds a month at sea .....grog crept back on the menu .....and the world was once again cappys lobster

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    well i guess it wasnt really like that john ....an 18 year olds ist need as i recall was a good meal under your belt.....there was also the threat in those days of being lifted as a vagabond and slung inside again......if i remember correctly my only ist thought was to eat ...second to earn some money and thirdly the shielas .....grog was further down the list ....but once i earned my ist 20 quid a week ...after earning 11 pounds a month at sea .....grog crept back on the menu .....and the world was once again cappys lobster
    Hey Cappy.........£11 a month at sea would once have pleased me greatly. 1949, first time away, £7.10 shillings a month as deck boy. My Dad was lost in Submarine Service so I had to make an allotment of £4 a month to my widowed Mum, leaving me with the princely sum of £3. 10 shillings a month. This on one of `Hungry Hogarths`. Needless to say my £3,10s all went on grub ashore. No looking for women or ale for me in those days. BUT!!! I loved it and wish I could do it all again. Cheers!

PS Sorry but I Completely overlooked the initial purpose of this post. To say welcome to John Antrobus. I hope you find this forum as Interesting as I have. Cheers.
    Last edited by Trampshipman; 30th August 2018 at 05:14 PM. Reason: see postscript
    Trampshipman

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trampshipman, What side of the river are you from mate there are scousers from all over Merseyside aboard 3 of us are from Seaforth, All live within a stones throw of each other Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ted

Originally Formby now Bootle. Cheers !
    Trampshipman

14. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast