Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Neil Wales

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Neil Wales

[QUOTE=Doc Vernon;309830]I only get these records Jeanette ?

Hi,

This is where I read that the Criteron and Banfora left Freetown at the same time.

BBC - WW2 People's War - A Fateful Voyage: Convoy under Attack in the Atlantic (Part 8) - Tale of Unexploded Bombs and Heroism

Jeanette.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Criton sailed in convoy SL78 on 19th June 1941 carrying a cargo of iron ore.

MN PoW-2 – Gordon Mumford

CRITON sailed in convoy SL78, but could not maintain convoy speed due to the sabotage.

https://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?101175

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes john walker liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

###sailed with captain dobeson on the mv riseley in 61....he was put ashore in osaka .....he was not a well man .....perhaps because of his war years ....in captivity he was mate and was a very easy going man .....the ship was in chaos ...very little order of any kind .....hands doing there own thing .....mr dobeson was taken of his watch by the old man due to a very serious incident with regard to an atoll on the voyage from newcastle new south wales to osaka he was put ashore in osaka ....and was ordered to his cabin till we arrived there.....this was a 10 month trip in 61 till 62 .....dobeson was a kind enough person but had big personal probs ....the voyage was full of incidents ..it was a hard crowd and there was many who joined didnt pay off back in the tyne......i have good and bad memories of this vessel.....i say what i saw .....and hold back on much ,........cappy

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon, Keith Tindell liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2