Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just meditating

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Just meditating

With all our changing lifestyles Morals, both sexual and otherwise. Arguments about. Climate change etc etc maybe we are too busy not noticing other parts of nature apart from the human race. Take dogs for example , I grew up with always a dog around and until 10 years ago also was the same. In my early years a dogs behaviour if had a bone was to bury it. With later dogs Ihad I had never saw this happen. So maybe even dogs behavioural patterns like humans are also changing. All life of whatever type is continuously changing. All we have to do in Oz is to hope the crocs see the error of their ways and eat their prey on the spot. I always meditate about this time of night with a glass of whiskey of course. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 13th February 2019 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just meditating

John, Your a long time dead mate which is inevitable, You enjoy your glass of amber nectar just remember as I often forget the top does screw back on the bottle before its empty Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Animals and birds do have a different way of going about things.

The day we were in Christchurch and the earthquake hit we noticed just before how quiet it was and how suddenly there were no birds in the sky.
    Speaking with a guy just after he told us eh though something big was coming as his dog had gone very quiet and hidden away from the house.

Do they have some instinct we do not yet understand?
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    John, Your a long time dead mate which is inevitable, You enjoy your glass of amber nectar just remember as I often forget the top does screw back on the bottle before its empty Terry.
    not if you squash it Terry
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2.... Terry when I first started in the North Sea from bottom of the heap once again to rejoin the learning curve much further back. After a hard slog with anchors and towing I saw one Skipper after completion pull away stop the ship , get all hands on the bridge and thank them, get the whiskey bottle out take the cap off and throw it over the side, the cap that is, the bottle was then passed from man to man until mt. There were no drunks. Today to even think of doing that would be sacked on return to port as someone would report you. Usually if the drink did not occur Immediately after completion of the job, was started in the local ale house on return to port. Times have changed , whether for better or worse ask a newly married couple , easy for the parson to say. Cheers JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th February 2019 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Some years ago i had a lovely Border Collie, she loved being on the beach here, and one of her favourite games was that i would throw a stone as high up on the cliffs, and she would shoot up the cliff and find the stone, the cliffs were not shear sided. One particular day she would not indulge in the game, in fact would not go near the cliff, and sure enough the next morning the cliff had slipped partly down onto the beach. She knew that it was unstable in some mysterious way, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have had a couple of what I thought were strange dreams but knowing there were strange dreams and I told my late wife what I'd actually dreamt and they turned out to be a prediction I actually found it really scary
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    I have had a couple of what I thought were strange dreams but knowing there were strange dreams and I told my late wife what I'd actually dreamt and they turned out to be a prediction I actually found it really scary
    Have a nap this afternoon and concentrate on tomorrows Euromillions, forward me any numbers please, before 18.00 tomorrow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had an experience once on a run from the Gulf to Rotterdam, I had a very vivid dream in which I stood at the foot of my fathers bed and he looked terrible, it was so real I felt that I could reach out and touch him.
    This dream happened three nights on the run and I was so alarmed I became reluctant to turn in. However on the fourth night everything was back to normal.
    On reaching Rotterdam I got a letter from my mother saying that my dad had been very ill and that she was concerned about him (that is very strong coming from my mother who was a nurse and very prone to understatement). She mentioned a particularly bad period of three days which tallied with the time of my experience. I am not given to fanciful things but that has stuck with me since 1968, and I am still a sceptic until I recall that; there are lots of unexplained things out there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I put this in another post years ago under a heading something like scary moments. I was 2 mate on a ship and 3 days out of Fremantle bound for Bombay came to about 2200 hrs. Knowing there was someone in the cabin with me , felt a presence leaning over me and heard his or her breathing. Was really worried and rolled over and put bunk light on , no one there . Was shaking and lay there till going on watch at midnight. I had been going through the old deck logbooks and parcelling up for better stowage. Looking through the next one found the previous voyage one of the donkeymen had died and judging by the position he had been buried at sea , we had passed through that area about the time of the occurrence. As this was in the early 60s there wasn’t much chance of it being a donkeywoman however mores the pity. Also the 2 mate who had sewn the body up might have found it more exhilarating. Cappy will say it was a Willy Wufter but we had none on board that trip , unless he lived in the wardrobe. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 14th February 2019 at 10:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast