Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Templars

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Knights Templars

I have been reading recently about the Knights Templars. TV's history channel is also showing documentaries on the order , as with all events in the distant past which are shrouded in mystery and intrigue it is difficult to know fact from fiction.
    It would take far to long to go into details but in 1307 King Philip of France waged war against the Templars to avoid repaying vast amounts of money they had loaned him. He was joined in this by the Pope who accused them of blasphemy. Templars across France were killed or captured , tortured and burnt at the stake. Those who escaped formed new orders in Spain and Portugal, there is also evidence of their presence in Scotland. Some of the Templar forts are still standing with huge underground tunnels and chambers to store their wealth , documents and possibly religious relics. In Acre which is now Israel their tunnel systems are still being discovered.
    It is thought the Templars may have even discovered the New World before Columbus , Nova Scotia in Canada is Latin for New Scotland. Artefacts found there including a lead cross date back to the Templars.
    There are comparisons and links between the Templars and Free Masons , the American Founding Fathers are said to have been mainly Free Masons. There is also the strange and highly secretive group of world leaders , wealthy individuals and business people known as the Bilderberg group who hold yearly meetings to decide on the future of our world.
    Fact or fiction , who knows ? but very interesting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Knights Templars

Very true Louis , that history plus more is well known to me, as a member of the Order. It is one of the orders of freemasonry , among many others. Known as Preceptory and consists of two degrees , I am not giving any secrets away to any Freemason reading this. As more than likely is on google. The order is open to all Freemasons who are also in the Royal Arch which follows on from craft masonry. There are two degrees in the order... the Temple degree, and the degree of the order of Malta , Rhodes and Cyprus , which if you have been reading about will already know what a big part they played in the Knights Templar.. Then at the Popes insistance in connivance with King Phillip inferred they were guilty of heresy so as to do away with them and takeover their lands etc. only in quite recent times that the Heresey accusations have been lifted by the Vatican. Good to see you reading some decent Literature and getting rid of those Port Said yarns. If you’ve got any left Cappy wants them, the Port Said ones that is ...Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th January 2019 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunately John the Church of Rome refuses to allow access to historians and truth seekers to the vast archives held in the Vatican.
    Why must these ancient secrets remain secret ? Perhaps to protect their involvement and reputation.
    I have my own thoughts but will not print them here because this is not the site for religious or political debates which could lead to strong differing opinions.

Where did I leave that book Buxom Ladies of the Casbah ? Written by the world famous author Jock McGregor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would say that everything there is supposedly secret about any of the Masonic organisations is there to find on Google that used to be easy to find in the library as well . The biggest problem with any society is those that on in it make up stories I have heard all kinds of things from an anti masonic person who used to attend our church apparently , according to him Masons are satanists ,, sodomite characters when I asked him what his source was he referred to so obscure book written by a passing nutcase I explain to him that I joined the Masons in the 1970s he decided doctors speak to me after that it just shows you the stupid prejudiced that you get from the uninformed
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was a late starter in masonry Rob, was approached years beforehand but due to such circumstaces as being away most of the time deferred it. I didn’t become a mason until 1998 when I was 61. It helped to take my mind off a lot of things and found myself among people of similar thinking. I was raised in 1998,and in the chair of Solomon in 2008-2009. Had also joined the RA in 2004 . And spent 5 years later as 3 2 and 1 principle. Joined preceptory about 2005 and was preceptor and Prior about 2014. Today I am an old man and only wish I was in a position to join the fraternity much earlier than I did. You only get out of any group of people what you put in, and I find masonry is one of the better things in life. I am now the treasurer of a day Lodge I am a member of and have the privilige of signing the cheques that go out to charity. This Xmas was no exception. Many are glad to receive the generous donations that go out , but are never boasted about. Charity is the main theme of masonry which many don’t understand or want to understand , these are mainly the morons of this world. Cheers JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 5th January 2019 at 01:42 PM.

6. Thanks happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Catholic church has always been against Freemasonry. Ever since the latter version of freemasonry began with the formation of the Grand Lodge of England in 1717 at the Goose and Grid Iron pub in London. In the early days many Catholics were members this was before the Church made any pronouncements on masonry. Between Clement X11 in 1738 and the promulgation of the first code of Canon Law in 1917, a total of 8 Popes made explicit condemnations of Masonry. All provided the strictest penalty for membership: which was automatic excommunication reserved to the Holy See. Since 1917 two other Popes have pronounced similar draconian measures on Catholicism and Masonry. There are other religions including ***** which find being a Mason and observing their religious tenets incompatible.

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#3.. Louis the Vatican if can be believed by media stories of the past, also have the gospels of Judas Iscariot , whether true or not will not ever know. Nothing is ever said about any information that knights Templar may hold. So evertthing is supposition, however saying that I know who I prefer to believe. As regards the gospels of J. I. Was at the time of the story being published would have changed the whole theological world , so would of thought they would have been destroyed, but you never know ! JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#4... Rob as regards sodomite characters does he know that it is legal these days, and he could be sued for being a sexist ? JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is far to much secrecy surrounding the Catholic Church, They have an awful lot to be answerable for, And like any clannish group always have each others backs regardless what they are responsible for. Also worth a bob or two themselves.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    There is far to much secrecy surrounding the Catholic Church, They have an awful lot to be answerable for, And like any clannish group always have each others backs regardless what they are responsible for. Also worth a bob or two themselves.
    Those are the same things the Catholic Church and many others accuse Masons of doing. I like the irony of that.

13. Likes Red Lead Ted, Richard Harding liked this post
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast