Thread: THE foo-foo

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default THE foo-foo

I often wonder whose fertile imagination came up with the foo- foo bird which could do some amazing aerial acts. Was it the so called history of the Dodo bird .
    Tests on DNA from a surviving dodo skull have proven that the giant bird was a member of the pigeon family. It’s closest relative is the Nicobar pigeon. The dodo dwarfs its relative which is about 13 inches in length, compared with the dodos 40 inches. It was a very gainly bird and not the way it was mostly portrayed . JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: THE foo-foo

Foo foo is what we called the talcum powder we threw over ourselves before making for the gangway to have a good run ashore sampling the delights.

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe have spelt wrong and should be fu fu. I remember also calling talcum powder foo foo powder. Cheers jS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th November 2018 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#2 When Charles and Dianna visited the ship in 1988, Dundee Jim was asked what was the smell exuding from him, he said I’ve got the skippers foo foo powder on. Dianna blushed and moved on. He had slipped into my room and splashed some of my after shave on too much apparently. He must have realised how bad he smelt, as you got showered before sailing and after that fresh water was for making tea, and even if out too long had to bludgeon off the rig , and kept large plastic containers for fresh water for the galley. Would have been a good excuse for Cappy not peeling the spuds. No place for all this fancy French food discussed in another post. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 8th November 2018 at 11:21 PM.

6. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post