Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: define affray

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default define affray

Its been interesting reading the case the last few days of the cricketer and one other charged with affray. Affray is described as group fighting in a public place to cause nuisance. So it appears that to knock two people unconscious , and breaking an eye socket, is not causing affray, so would be interesting to know just how much group fighting would be an affray. Would knocking 2-3-4 people out be classed as affray ??, or, as i suspect, we need to know who is doing the knocking out. I know it was a decision by jury, but how that guy was not jailed is a mystery, and then walks straight back in to the England cricket team. I would think it would not apply when the local yobs are having a tear up on a Saturday night, that i suspect would be affray, just my thoughts on our weird punishment system we seem to have in this country today, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: define affray

There is a rule for celebs and a rule for the rest of us.

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I remember reading a book years ago about Afghanistan written by a traveller and sometime resident of that fair country. It was the time of the Taliban having control of the country as they once did, the trouble still there as they try to regain what they lost. However it described a murder of one of its citizens. At what they called a people’s court , the method of the penalty was given to the closest relative of the victim which of course was death. The victims old father chose to perform it himself and proceeded to saw away at the murderers throat with a rusty old bayonet until all the twitching stopped. Every country has its own laws. And who are we to say otherwise , if we don’t like then don’t look. The western world has very little in the way of deterrents. Cheers JWS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 17th August 2018 at 08:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Certainly not when you are famous, or money does not hurt, this guy offered the door man £300 cash to let him in after hours, could it be if he was jailed or found guilty he would not be able to obtain a visa on some countries they visit to play cricket. I hope the cricket watching public give him a tough time on the field when he plays. It seems some sports personalities are on an upper untouchable layer of society, kt
    R689823

6. Likes Jim Brady, j.sabourn, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith something happened here recently and it made me think of what the charge could be.It was my wifes birthday last month (special one 80) so my sons were home to celebrate this milestone.Anyway I went out one afternoon with my sons and nephew to my local.there was a lot of shouting going on in the bar and it eventually spilled into the lounge where we were,just a couple of stupid lads high on drugs or whatever shouting at each other,nothing to worry about just a nuisance value.The next minute a pool ball went thump into the settee just inches from my son,it flew past the back of one son and as I say just missed the other lad,it was thrown with force so it is a good job it did'nt hit him.To cut a long story short 2 plastic coppers arrived after about half an hour,they cant do anything I think they have less power than the man in the street.Eventually two real police arrived I was at the bar and I told the WPC about the pool ball,she said they are locked up in the police station at the moment which is just along the road.When I sat down the conversation was what can they be charged with even now i still dont know,the best thing would most probably be an £80.00 spot fine.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

8. Thanks Keith Tindell thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For those that can afford the right barrister they live under different laws than those that can't.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Many years ago there was an MP named Sir Gerald Nabarro , not too sure which party. He had a fleet of Bentley cars with number plates Nab 1 , Nab 2 etc. Must have been Tory.
    One day he was stopped by the police for a motoring offence. He took the case to court claiming it was his female secretary who was driving. Sir Gerald had the biggest handlebar moustache you have ever seen , impossible to mistake him for a woman. As he was an MP with a title he won his case.
    When he came out of the court a reporter asked what did he think of British justice . He said British justice is the best in the world if you can afford to pay for it.

Another rogue with a title Sir Mark Thatcher. This failed businessman suddenly became a multi millionaire overnight after his mother signed the biggest arms deal in history with Saudi Arabia , she also signed huge construction deals with the Saudis. Under the 30 year rule cabinet papers covering this period have been released but not the papers relating to Mark Thatcher. They will be locked away until 2053.

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They will be locked away until 2053.

cant wait to read them.Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More so with sports personalities as well

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You might be interested to learn Gerald Nabarro, whose secretary at the time was named Christine later married a guy called Neil Hamilton who became an MP and was involved in brown envelopes with a certain Al Fayed chap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast