Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Trumps visit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Trumps visit.

One of the many reasons also Brian why offshore installations have a 3 mile exclusion zone around them. Am sure if was possible they would also have a wall built round them. Walls have been built since time began to keep out undesirables. This modern day thinking by the so called peace loving people preaching brotherly or sisterly love, hope they have the guts to stand up and pay the bill in others lives when it comes due. Most houses here in Oz are built with open plan gardens. I notice a lot now are building walls around their property’s. It’s not to keep the kangaroos out, as they are being decimated by the amount of new buildings and their habitats are being destroyed. I’m all for building walls at borders. Of course there is the other alternative and cheaper option , lay landmines, just watch and listen then to the screams worldwide. With the exception of the Berlin Wall which we were told was to keep the Germans in the Russian zone, one never heard any opposing arguments from the USSR now that would have been a noteworthy news item, to show the other side of the coin. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 11th January 2019 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    I notice that there has been no mention of the Berlin Wall in the States which they insisted on bringing down, which was built to stop West Germans from decimating the East German economy as they were better off financially. Similar situation really.
    Cheers Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 11th January 2019 at 12:18 AM.

3. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At the time I can remember according to the news summary’s it was going to cause a lot of consternation to business having all those extra people to find work etc. Did really nothing to the economy except advance it if anything. And only just recently Germany advocated bringing in many more people from various other countries and states, which even now their own people don’t agree with. I believe there was more than humanitarian reasons for the wall coming down, the people who would know would be professors of economy. JS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

G'Day Rodders and a happy new year to you, though must say saw nothing wrong with the old one.

Thank you for you reply, it simplifies the concept o the system.
    I am what many would call right wing, maybe extreme, as I believe in a number of things others do not believe in such as the death penalty for murder, and a number of other crimes, drugs being one.
    I believe the individual is responsible for his own destiny and should not rely on gov hand outs to keep him going, but I do fully support care for those who through no fault of their own need assistance, the severely sick or disabled etc.

I do not believe in social engineering which is going on in so many countries including Oz, I believe in the rights of the individual to speak freely, to act freely within the law and to speak out without fear of discrimination when they see something they consider wrong.

As to Donald and the wall, many long centuries past governments came into being to protect the nation. They were to raise an army to protect the border and to raise taxes to pay for the army. What Donald is proposing comes within that spectrum though there are some who would disagree. But border control must be enforced, all nations must have the right to say who comes into the country when and by what means. This is one of the main concerns with those in favor of BREXIT.
    Where I living in USA I think my vote would go to the Republicans, there is something about the current Democrats and house leader that does not sit well with me, but that is only my view and you may well disapprove of that, your right.

As to private health cover, it is gaining momentum here with both sides in favor, the NHS cannot cope with the volume. However for many the cost is prohibitive even though if working and not in it you are taxed at a higher level.

No country will ever get it right in total, there are too many outside influences that the man in the street has no control over.
    But in my humble opinion Trump has done some good work, his meeting with the 'Rocket Man' is one and hopefully long term it will prove fruitful.
    The trade war is no good for any one, but if at the end of negotiations a good deal for both sides can ne reached then I think that will be good for all.

So Rodders, the views of a right winger for you to read, will be interested in any comments you may have and will not be offended by any reply.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Walls are not new, we had Hadrians wall in Britain to keep the Jocks from invading Roman England.
    China built the biggest wall

8. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi John.
    A snippet of news yesterday on the Trade war with the US and China that I wasn't aware of, the Chinese People are against their Govt bringing in American crops that have been Genetically Modified, they are afraid it will contaminate their food supply.
    Cheers Des

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Walls are not new, we had Hadrians wall in Britain to keep the Jocks from invading Roman England.
    China built the biggest wall

Scotland V Italy then, Sots must have had a blinking good team if Rome was worried.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Taff Jenkins View Post
    Hi John.
    A snippet of news yesterday on the Trade war with the US and China that I wasn't aware of, the Chinese People are against their Govt bringing in American crops that have been Genetically Modified, they are afraid it will contaminate their food supply.
    Cheers Des
    Yes Des, saw something similar about a few other items of food.
    But the needs of China for food is now such hat they are finding it hard to supply enough from home grown crops.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a "wall around my property.

A six foot tall fence with Three Rows of Barbed Wire and then a line of fir tees around the fence perimeter, to keep out the Bums and Stiffs who try to Break in and steal our property.
    If anyone tries to get over they will be fast on the wire, I would then just sit and throw stones at them until they died.
    Every single door of the house has a lock on it when we go to bed and when we go out, 12 Locks in all.
    Next door has been burglarised four times.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 12th January 2019 at 10:07 AM.

14. Thanks j.sabourn, Doc Vernon, cappy thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shades of many parts of South Africa i am afraid Capt!
    Too many Walls and Fences Electrified and Barbed as well.
    No way to live thats fr sure.
    Here in the Mountains and dear Lou even said (Bless his Soul) that he felt so at peace here,with no need to lock Windows and Doors ,even at Night
    I have on many occasions left the Garage Door up forgetting to press the Remote,and all the times not one thing has ever been touched,
    Heaven on Earth here it is!
    At Night we dont even hear a Car past our door.
    Oh the peaceful Bliss of these Mountains !
    Cheers

Mind you we have Hassans Wall just 30km away but it is a Beautiful Wall

Hassans Walls Lookout | Lithgow Tourism
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 12th January 2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

16. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, Captain Kong liked this post
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast