Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Historical documentaries

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Historical documentaries

all over south America there are lots of lost cities from the inca past very clever race good builders? jp

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John Snow, an historian TV presenter, who likes to broadcast historical facts, has been caught ending the truth.
    He took his daughters to see a museum dedicated to the Spitfire, where upon there was rows and rows of the aircraft. He explains to his siblings the role that the aircraft plays in the Battle of Britain.
    One of his daughters , asked the question did women ever fly these aircraft in battle, Snow replied yes as he did not want to upset his daughters by telling the truth and shattering a myth.
    My opinion he should have told the truth, rather than his daughters finding out later about his lies.
    Vic

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    John Snow, an historian TV presenter, who likes to broadcast historical facts, has been caught ending the truth.

My opinion he should have told the truth, rather than his daughters finding out later about his lies.
    Vic
    They will believe him, after all he has a degree in history and does appear on TV. Have watched some of his programmes on nautical subjects...……….they leave a lot to be desired, but people will believe his inaccuracies because they saw it on TV
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 25th May 2018 at 09:28 PM.

6. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Have has quite a few Dogs in my time and loved them all,i know how some feel when loosing a Pet and yes its real hard,but just me I have found Happiness in getting another and another to replace my last loved pet,it seems to get me out of that Rut so to speak,and get a renewal on life with the new Dog.
    I never forget any of my past Pets,and they will all always be in my Heart ,but like most things in life we must go on and forge ahead!
    Hope this may help those who are really down after a sad loss!
    Cheers
    Vernon, I fully understand that bit mate.
    We have always had cats, even brought our first out here with us back in 1980.
    He passed on a couple of years later and we took on two more from Terri's boss who had a cat with kittens. The male lived to 18.5 years before a stray came to us giving birth in the wood shed to two.
    We kept the three, one passed away 3 years ago and the mother the year later.
    The other one is on his way out with liver cancer, but we will after a suitable period of mourning take in another hopefully a rescue cat to give it a second chance.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Likes Keith Tindell, Doc Vernon liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3