Thread: 0ld times

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: 0ld times

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Ken Dodd.
    A man hears loud banging on his front door,he opens the front door and the guy on the step grabs him by the throat and demands come to the door quicker in future and come on now and pay up.Who are you ask's the householder to which the man replied "I'm from The Royal Liver Friendly Society".
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    ###a good start to the day jim....cappy

2. Likes Jim Brady, Dennis McGuckin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes to all of the above
    '' If it eats no meat,keep it !!

4. Likes Jim Brady, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All my younger days zero to 16 during so called days of austerity, share markets going up and down, the only stable commodity I can remember was the penny oxo cube. Did this change during metrification, or otherwise.??? JWS

6. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

No idea John, we were "Ahh Bisto" household

Bisto, 2001, UK - YouTube
    Video for ahh bisto advert▶ 0:32
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=strVgVgOo_0

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On A lighter Note.A story in two parts.
    The things we got upto around where I lived was unbelievable this is just a mild part of it.This guy opened a second hand shop joe was his name.Our gang moved in on the place and always had a good laugh.Joe didn't have much in the place the only thing that I can remember was an incubator for hatching eggs and I don't think that there was hope of selling that in Bootle.Joe had to go somewhere on business so he left us in charge of the shop with strict instruction that if somebody came in to buy something it was 18 pence,don't say one and six that sounds to expensive,so from then on joe became known as 18 pence.While Joe was away we all got busy with a big drum of distemper and gave the walls a seeing to,the bits and piece's he did have ended up splashed with distemper.
    We have heard on here about people going to the gasworks for coke.Our street had a communal pram which all hands used,ask around and find out who had it last.You could get 1cwt in the pram and two cwt sacks on the pram.Two old women Alice Chadwick and Mrs Harvey borrowed the pram and off they went to the gas works.Having loaded up they came out of the gas works and who should be passing but 18 pence,he recognised the pram as one taken from his shop.He phoned the police Alice
    Chaddy and Mrs Harvey were loaded into the back of a Black Maria along with the pram and taken to the nick.The word got back to the street and their families had to go to the police station to bail them out.The street was out waiting to see what happened to them,they were gone a long time.In the mean time my younger brother(9)and his mate were being blamed for taking the pram from 18 pences shop.Everybody was telling the two kids Mrs Harvey has got a bad heart and if she dies you two will go to Borstal.The police got involved came to our house the lads said they found the pram on the bombed site about 10 yards from the shop so that was the end of it.Two women taken away in a black maria locked up in a police station two kids terrified out of their lives all for a pram that was worth 18 pence.
    Regards.
    Jim.b.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4