Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: referendum voting

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default referendum voting

I see that the persons eligible to vote on the EU referendum, when it comes, has been announced today. No EU migrants are eligible, but Malta, Cyprus, and ireland residents will be, also Brits who have been living abroad fro less than 15 years.17 year olds will not be eligible, unlike the Scottish referendum. How they are going to monitor that is going to be some job. There is also a report on the BBC website, that predicts the M***** percentage who reside here will rise from %5 to approx !!%, just to cheer you up Brian KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: referendum voting

Keith if labour would have put a vote in their manifesto it might have made a big difference to who got in number 10 should listen to the people sometimes it might have paid of for labour couple of things he {milliban} missed out on telling the snp he would not throw in with them and the in/out vote with all the cuts it may be a good thing we go it alone it will take a few years to get back on our own feet again but we can do it? just my view.. jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John , i think even the Tories got the message from the people, via the UKIP vote, nearly 5 million people saying enough is enough. We are British, we can take it, and go it alone if need be. The report in the papers (if you believe them ) says that the cap for migrant benefit is £7000, thats £750 more than the basic old age pension, and for us to get that we had to pay in more than 40 years national insurance stamps. Lets do it and get out, just my own opinion, KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

without wishing in or out ........the vote will be stay in there is no doubt about that..... and how on earth labour can change there agenda to get more votes is laughable if it wasnt so sad...it appears they think people are so dogmatic and stupid they will vote for them anyway .....sadly as a party of any clout they are finished ukip will intime be the main opposition as the scots go more nationalistic.......just my view regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They will probably stay in the Euro, because it will be disadvantageous to some big businesses and they are able to put out their own scare tactics. The average bloke in the street will be afraid of going into the unknown and will listen to what he thinks is good advice from a well backed propaganda machine. I only hope the general mass of people can see through these tactics, and also those who put the UK into the decline of its own will and decision making by professional politicians, most of whom at the best of time are self seeking advancement makers, and who are there as a career. Myself and others in the world remember the UK for what it stood for both at home and in other parts of the world and look on in wonder how it is becoming a satellite of Europe and having very little say in its own future Sovereignty, the people will decide not politicians I hope, and sincerely hope they make the right decision and get out. Ideally go back in time to what most thought of it as a trading partner only, if this not possible then come out altogether, Britain has many other countries to fill any gaps left by their departure. Once the UK goes into currency change and accepts the Euro as the accepted currency of the country, the game is lost completely, this will come as will be coerced into accepting if stay in. JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 26th May 2015 at 01:14 AM.

6. Thanks N/A, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The British are a stoic nation, they came through two world wars and still survived. Coming out of EU can be done but yes many big companies may miss out if that occurs. But if they are good companies they will find other markets and survive. For mu opinion I think you could remain in EU but with new rules just for UK removing some of the more stupid concepts such as human rights bill and others concerning health, education and food regulations, some of which are the most stupid ever written up.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, N/A, George liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

most firms have one boss and one vote its the people who work for them that has the say? we worked at a time were jobs were plentiful and no such thing as food banks we should look after our taxpayers money in a proper fashion not by some pencil neck in parliament giving it to countries knowing it will not get anywhere near the people who need it most everyone knows that??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Big businesses is being mentioned here as keeping us in,I have seen many small good little businesses being interviewed who only trade with Europe they say if we come out of Europe that will be the end of them.If David Cameron can negotiate us paying less in,have control of our borders and says who comes in and can deport who he wants,can decide what benefits (if any) we pay to immigrants and can run our judiciary on British law and not that of Brussels I think we would be half way there.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

11. Likes cappy, N/A, George, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

###thats an interesting statement jim ...as my lad imports a product from spain .....processes it and sells it in germany .......what would his outlook be if we came out......it is not strait forward.......if cameron can re negotiate terms beneficial to us ...and we can keep sterling ...that i think can only be good....cappy

13. Likes Jim Brady, N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A couple of weeks ago Harriet Hareperon the Shadow Deputy Prime Minister stood up and said they (Who are theyI have to ask) would now be backing the European In Out referendum. One could say that it was a U Turn but not she. Today backbencher Hilary Benn, he who stood up in Parliament a few years ago and stated he was proud to announce that HE had got rid of the 100 watt light bulb and now he stood up today and said they (Again who are they I ask) Him or his constituants. I bet he hasn't asked all of them, and stated they were going to side with the SNP to block the referendum. The only way all the MP's and everyone in the country for that matter are going to know what the will of their constitants are is to ask them by holding the referendum.Please bear in mind all the wrong Pollsters in the last election.

John Albert Evans

15. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, George liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast