Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gate

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Gate

The Panama Canal pilots have expressed some worries about the alignment etc. of the new locks and the manoeuvres that will be required to get the mega ships into the locks. I believe that there will not be mules used but ships will be guided in using new very powerful tugs. Would not mind another run through when its finally completed, especially if I could stop of in Cristobal for bunkers, like we always did on the Forest product ships and then after transit, pull into Balboa for fresh water which again was the norm on the forest product ships going west bound with phosphate from Jacksonville to Port Moody B.C.
    only this time would try not to drink so much in Cristobal in order to go through the canal without a hangover, which always occurred with myself as cadet on those ships, along with bruising from being tossed down the gangway of a USA ship that I tried to board very early one morning to spread a bit of bon homie.
    rgds
    JA

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    There was a time, long ago, when Britain was Great, we could have made those gates and shipped them over, but now ever since Harold Wilson closed down British Industries, Italy now builds them and Big cruise ships.
    The only thing we can make today is Japanese cars. The Mighty has fallen.

Cheers
    Brian
    Not only Jap cars Brian, Don't forget, Kebab, Pizza, Fi @ Chi, Fly Lice, on every bloody street in Britain.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

now then lads I am just getting used to my new Nissan drove it 3 times this month very good if you can pilot a space ship to many gadgets on them frightened to touch anything? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN PRUDEN View Post
    now then lads I am just getting used to my new Nissan drove it 3 times this month very good if you can pilot a space ship to many gadgets on them frightened to touch anything? jp
    Would that be the Quaishi or something like that name? We have started getting them here in Melbourne, look quite good not sure how they will sell as we have so many similar style cars here already.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

john very good family car and when the back seats are down same room as a van in my younger days you could have got sleeping bags for traveling and with the glass roof that can be covered nice driving air con would come in handy and the heater no complaints at all. I have plans to visit some members next year on days out? jp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2