Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mersey Memories

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default re: Mersey Memories

Rob I remember many years ago my son had done his back in and he was realy suffering.He went to our GP this was in a November,an appointment was made with the hostpital and the appointment was for the following April nearly six months.Because of the pain he was in we sent him back to the doctor where he told the doctor we wanted to pay to see a consultant.The appointment was made for the next day with the same consultant that was April under NHS.I picked my son up at the hostpital on my way home from work,how much did he charge I asked,my son replied the consultant said he could'nt take any money from him because he was already one of his patients.I bet that consultant was gobsmacked my son had jumped the queue for no charge.I said to my son its a good job he did'nt take any money from you as I would've done something about it.
    Regards.
    jim.b.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

2. Thanks robpage thanked for this post
    Likes robpage liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

At one time Jim I would have condemned queue jumping as so wrong , but now I selfishly look after me . My late wife's terminal illness was paid for by the insurer over £110,000 , she was treated with dignity and good manners , when I compared to some peoples journey through the NHS with terminal cancers , my premiums were worth every single penny . Not because the NHS is bad , but because the wards and system were all understaffedv
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

4. Thanks Jim Brady, Captain Kong, cappy, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We in NZ are not to bad of for health and hospitals there is some waiting for ops in some hospitals but that is for the lack of staff

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that Jim i met Peter in NZ,he had a mate hughie Mcginty two good guys think they would have passed on by now.I had just backed out of a star boat and i had hitched my way from Aukland to Port Napier then
    on to wellington were the first guy i spoke to was Peter joined the Kiwi Seamans union and shipped out of Wellington then Mount Monganui from there i flew over to Sydney then train to Wollongong then joined The aussie coast shipping out of port Kembla then Sydney for a number of years,Payed off my last job in Hamilton Queensland injured unfit for further duty. been on my holidays ever since.Came ashore in 90 then finnished alltogether in93.Happy days. Cheers.

8. Likes Captain Kong, Lou Barron, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Charlie I dont think Peter has passed on his brother has never mentioned it,I will see Denny on thursday or friday and come back to you on this.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hope your well Charlie, Watching this one closely Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He would be getting on now Jim,Been years know since i saw him.

- - - Updated - - -

How are you getting on Terry i hear you've been crook,hope your well now,be interesting to know how Peter is going.Cheers

12. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Charlie, I am fine mate thanks, I will let Jimmy inform you how Peter is doing. You see the thing is as regards to his brother Denny, I lived back to back with him, 30 odd years ago now, Denny lived in Corinthian St I lived in Doric St, I go way back with the whole family, I have stood in the Doric many a time with Denny and a pint. Them were the days when everyone went for a pint of a night as I still do. No young scroat going to take that away from me. A lot of the lads in Seaforth you don't see out of a night they have there pint in the afternoon there choice mate nothing wrong with that it just doesn't appeal to me I still like to go into the town of a weekend with my misses. The City center has changed so much over the last 40 odd years. And I still feel safe walking around town its my City and always will be. And the change has been for the better the new echo arena is a great venue that this City has always been crying out for my missus went last night with a few of her friends to see Gary Barlow {TAKE THAT} Not my cup of tea but she enjoyed it. Quick tale Jimmy,s old drinking partner Stan Usher sadly also no longer with us. Done me a great favour once I was still at sea around 1974/5 and I used to have a pint with Stan in the International. His lad was in a wheelchair at the time and Stan and his wife June were offered adapted accommodation. Stan approached me one night and asked was I still living in the pit of a flat I was in ? Yes Stan I said right he said make your way to my house 24 Seafield Grove on Monday night about 6pm. Stan would not let the landlord out the house until he signed it over to me before he moved a great little bricky Stan worked with him myself years ago had many a booze up with him but sadly he went the same and started his daytime pint. R.I.P. Stan, and have one at the bar up there with Peter, My old man, Bobby Porter, Howie Walsh, And all the other lads that used to have a booze up in my old mans house on Rawson Road, Happy Memories Charlie Regards Mate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

14. Thanks Lou Barron thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good to hear your ok terry,I go down to the club for a bevie every day here terry five times a week i go for a couple of hours in the afternoon same time as the crowed i knock around with and the other two days go down foe couple hours in the evening as a few of my crowed go then all works out well. for me and terry it pleases my dog skeeter as i always get home on time to give him his dinner,gets a snarlie look on his face if i am late so i have to watch it.Liverpool at night sounds good to me i havn't been back in 17 years shall have to make an effort and get back there.terry are you saying you have a drink with Peter McRieth? i never ever thought he would go back,i never knew any of his family just knew peter from NZ.Got me wondering if it's the same Peter as i know!Peter would be well into his eighties now,would that be the same Peter?Also Bobby Porter would he be related to Steve Porter from down the lane i knew the family from way back if it's the same family as i think there was a couple of families same name.Let me know will you terry i am really curious now,just can't believe Peter would go back after all that time. Cheers good to hear you doing ok.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Charlie the Peter MCrieth who I new and who you are talking about, And the one I knew all my life who passed away a few years ago are 2 different people. The brother of Denny who lived on the same street as us most of our younger days never went over to N.Z. But interestingly I also know Steve Porter {Whether he is still earth or Angel I have no idea mate} his daughter Sheila married who now runs the Caradoc was married to my best mate who was also at sea Alan Green, Alan was dead at the age of 52. His old man you may have known Dougie Green, Kenny, Ken, of this site will remember him. He was a union rep on the dock. He was well got with Moss Hutchinson Line. Now without confusing the post anymore Charlie whether Bobby porter and Steve Porter where related I am not sure ,But Steve Porters family of the lane were a big crew and I can inform you he has just lost one brother John Porter. Here are a few names for you my old man worked and drank with might ring a few bells, Harold Kinsella, Dougie Unthank one arm, Chrisie Peel, Mick Magugan, John and Joe Quad {twins} from Marsh Lane, Billy Hughes, Ronnie Nelson went to his 85th birthday bash recently, Charlie Jones, There are far to many to remember. Quick tale my old man had carried a cargo net of whiskey of a China boat once and all this crew were tanked up in my Mams parlour the palace as she called it, She wasn't very happy that night so the next day she emptied the lot down the old bath had bloody murder with my old man. She was known as Elliot Ness by all the lads after that. Happy Days Charlie. Regards mate Terry.
    {terry scouse}

17. Thanks cappy, Charlie Hannah thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Keith Tindell liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast