Thread: degredation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default degredation

A couple of years ago, well 1968 to be exact, I was wed.
    Still have the suit, very much the style of the 60's and kept in the hope that one day the style will return.

But there is a problem, a major one.
    Over time, and I am convince it is the lack of sunshine inside ones wardrobe that causes it, the waist band has shrunk quite alarmingly.
    The jacket has also gone into some form of degredation as the front will no longer button.

The sleeves are not as long as they once were and the end of the trousers now pinch my ankles.

But the suit bag it is in remains the same size!!!! Maybe I could wear that?

Any advise on how to overcome this problem, please send on a post card.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Likes j.sabourn, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default degredation

As your arms have probably grown to a long length making the sleeves up a shrunken I would start to worry because if your knuckles start to drag on the ground it becomes exceptionally painful so I am told by experts
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 5th May 2018 at 07:49 AM.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default degredation

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #40... unfortuanetley mine still have the winkles in. Don’t taste bad with a bit of salt. Too dangerous to use a pin in case my shaking hand pricks me. Have just got out of bed and am still deciding on breakfast , will have To go and get the cotton buds out now. Bien Gutenberg appetite. I can spracken German and Francais at the same time was all prepared for joining in the European facade. Was already dreaming. Of. Those delicious snails. Cheers JWS.
    John, I have a large colony of snails in my garden, along with a very large nest of bull ants one of which bit me last week making my hand look like a bunch of Bananas, so I could send you some if you wish.
    All well fed in my veg garden and clean shiny shells.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 5th May 2018 at 07:50 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Likes j.sabourn, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default degredation

#45 If. You find the pockets are getting longer and you don’t notice, I am sure your friends will let you know. A quick way to remedy this is to tie a piece of twine not string as such doesn’t exist on a ship. Half way down and around the pocket itself, this will enable your hand to reach your money which tries and hides at the bottom. Either that or keep your purse in your shirt pocket. Cappy keeps his half a crown he goes out with on a piece of elastic and has retained the same coin for decades. In 1968 I was sailing the Spanish Main which the British captured years ago and called the BWI. Had two kids by that time who with a wife were shouting to be fed. Didn’t find any golden doubloons though and still looking. Cheers JWS. PS never heard of snails biting before, they deserve to be ate. JS. PPS not many people know about Gully’s Christian name Lemuel , but he was named after no. 3 in the Miguel locks on the Panama Canal. You are now one of the privileged few who now know this. He has a bollard pull of 150 tons, so any inshore RNLI FRC wanting to borrow for pulling 3000 ton tankers off the rocks am sure he will sell himself for the right price. Cheers etc. etc. etc. JS.

7. Likes Doc Vernon, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default degredation

A Chinese colleague in Kuala Lumpur remarked on the ears of our elderly Malaysian colleague whose ears were quite large with big lobes, "Chinese say that long ears mean a long life and fat lobes mean a healthy heart".

After losing 20 kilos when I had my bypass I have found that the trousers I rather liked from Singapore would need a pillow as packing. Not only that, the very wide cuffs look a bit ridiculous. One plus though is my box of neckties that change regularly from narrow to broad and vice versa.

Margaret's late brother used to play the bassoon in the Aust'n Broadcasting Orchestra. They had a German conductor who, in rehearsal, used to wave his hands scream out on occasion, "Staaaap! Hands like bunches of bananas..." And there was the occasion when they were rehearsing in Sydney Town Hall and some workmen were up the back every now and then using hammers. The conductor called "Staaap that noise".. Quiet for a short while and then 'tap -tap-ap'. "STAAAAP that Blooooody teeeeerrible noise!!!!!". From the back of the hall - " Not as terrible as the bloody noise you're mak'n Sport."
    Richard
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default degredation

oh dear LeMule will go off the rails if he starts coastal towage , but I am wary of the snails , since the troll Les Cargo was here
    Last edited by robpage; 5th May 2018 at 08:30 AM.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default degredation

Its alright Rob he will do it on his own version of a Lloyd’s open form, which is 90 percent before he starts and 10 percent on completion, and you may the tax. He won’t accept Euros though. Cheers JWS.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 5th May 2018 at 07:51 AM.

11. Likes robpage liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default degredation

Guy buys a new suit to impress his new found Lady!
    He has made a date to meet her in an Expensive Hotel
    However when he gets home he tried the suit on and it doesn't git quite right,so he goes to his good friend next door.
    Jerry mate I have just bought this suit and tells of his date,and the fitting /
    His neighbour not wanting to be nasty says that suit is great!
    Guy says but Jerry its not fitting !Sleeves ae both different lengths as are the Trouser Legs
    Jerry says to Guy no problem that the new look sauve and cool,to this he adds now just bend that Elbow a wee bit ,Ah! see there you go fits like a glove now.
    Now that Leg just bend the knee a wee bit,again Ah! see it fits like a glove!
    Guy a bit confused and standing there like some disfigured person look sat Jerry and says what!
    As said Guy that the new look!
    So satisfied off he goes to the Hotel to his date!
    He gets there a bit early,so not to attract attention to the ill fitting suit,he swaggers in the Hotel with Arm bent at quite an angle,and the knee bent which gives him a very awkward walk
    Going up to the Bar to get Drinks ready he has to ass three gorgeous Girls,who stare at him and then whisper to each other.
    What a really great suit that chap has on,look at the Cut,it must have cost a fortune,what a great pity though that the poor devil is a cripple!

Now don't let that happen to you John! LOL
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 5th May 2018 at 08:23 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: degredation

And the bouncer of a local club went to get a uniform made to fit him.
    Taylor, "Which side do you dress?"
    Bouncer, "Oh, just make them baggy at the knees."
    Richard
    Our Ship was our Home
    Our Shipmates our Family

14. Likes robpage, cappy, Doc Vernon liked this post