Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hugh , Pugh, Barney MacGrew, Hibble, Dibble , Dob.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hugh , Pugh, Barney MacGrew, Hibble, Dibble , Dob.

Said thanks for your post. When first reading it however it brought a smile to my face and found myself repeating an old children’s tv program my kids used to watch. No disrespect to your post but the tv show was postman Pat, and one of the opening phrases was Hugh , Pugh, Barney MacGrew, Hibble, Dibble , Dob. Am sure however these characters are not what you are looking for. Good hunting in your search. JWS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Looking for COLIN(S) PHEW (PHEW COLLINS) / PUGH?

####naw john it was hugh ,,,pugh ...barney mcgrew ,,,,cuthbert ..dibble and grub.....i no because it was the only time there wasnt a squeak from the kids ..anyway it was one of my favourite programmes the kids would march round the house singing it in there loudest voices after the show and i must admit i did march with them.............liked pinky and perky as well ...oh happy days

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You won't believe how many guys on the station were tagged with some of those names, mostly senior officers of course, and when the unpopular ones appeared on station the lads would start to whistle the theme tune, i think they knew who it was aimed at, but what could they say !!!, kt
    R689823

4. Thanks cappy, j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, cappy, j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##well cappy saying nothing him walking on eggshells ......

- - - Updated - - -

###and please dont mention the magic roundabout ....the goings on were shocking to say the least.......cappy ......W O E .......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who was grub Keith.? Cappys right about the names all is now clear. The two weeds were another one, forget their antics. So must be getting old. Blue Peter was a good show for kids also. One of their dogs which was from a dogs home finished up at my cousins house in Bushy Park, she was a police inspector at Hampton Court. The dog Would always let me into the house but had the unfortuanate trait of not letting you out. Anyhow before being accused of sabotage will wind up and let Said discuss his business JWS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th March 2018 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##now this kids tele has set me of ...there is one banging in my head ....dont know were it came from but it was.....bill brewer ...jan stewer ...peter gurney ...peter davy.....daniel whidden ...harry hawk.....old uncle tom the cobbler and all old uncle tom the cobbler and all.....cappy

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gentlemen,
    Not attempting to cause strife but have to correct a terminalogic inexactitude made in Cappy's post. Hugh, pugh etc. we're from Fireman Sam. Postman Pat had his Black and White cat, jess. As an aside, the author of Postman Pat was born in Colne, Lance. and it was always said that the village in his stories of Postman Pat was based on a small village in the next valley in the Lake District to the one I grew up in. He was also the author of Rosie and Jim who lived on a canal boat if I recall. Somehow I think the kids of today would scoff at such innocent stories.
    Rgds.
    J.A.
    p.s. apologies for once again straying off from the original posters request
    Last edited by John Arton; 25th March 2018 at 10:49 AM.

10. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

##teminologil thingmy jigs ...........must be a navigational term .....whoops sorry woe cappy

12. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gulliver View Post
    I should think so too John Arton !

Oh the shame of it ! How dare you have the temerity to post that terminological inexactitude on a serious Merchant Navy website thread. Someone somewhere may no doubt complain,you mark my words. Cappy says he's been walking on eggshells so please don't try and drag him into any controversy.He has enough to contend with pulling sharp bits from between his toes and wiping egg yolk off his feet....

But who would have thought during our respective seatimes that we would all end up one day discussing the differences between Postman Pat and Fireman Sam on our laptops.Never in a million years !Attachment 26093
    ###even forgot were this post started but the yoke is certainly on cappy ...woe

14. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Davey that brings another query into being where did the expression “ you’ve got egg on your chin “ , meaning of course your flies are open, not I hope from Cappys egg mayonnaise feet. Cheers not the co-op. JWS PS What does WOE stand for Cappy, at a guess I would say Women over Emus, regardless of your penchant for emus. JWS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 25th March 2018 at 11:19 AM.

16. Likes cappy, N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast