Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Christmas 1968

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Christmas 1968

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    read post #7 , to the best of my knowledge all Clan ships were MACX not MacX or McX ,

and please note , mockery of disabled people for poor typing is SERIOUSLY OFFENSIVE ,
    Rob I hope you don't think that I was mocking you as I certainly was not that is something that I would never do,I have a grandson who suffers Cerebal Palsey and I would not be amused if somebody tried to take the pizz out of him.I was merely pointing out the name of the ship to Bengy.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

2. Likes Bill Cameron, Evan Lewis liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

rob you know when you are in the shite when you wake from a coma a consultant either side of the bed and the padre at the foot? we lost you twice last night john as they were talking they pulled a tube out of my mouth the same as a washing machine pipe with bandage wrapped in the wrinkles of it to drain the lungs still under the meds i said to them are you a doctor or a fu..ing plumber the laughter went right around the critical care. you will be right john its not your time they said i told them i would live forever one nodded his head well you surprised us was his reply now when i go back to see them they still remember me i will ring all the girls on cedar ward new years night to thank them for the extra time they gave me? not ready for a wooden overcoat yet to young?? jp

4. Thanks Captain Kong, Tony Taylor thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Bill Cameron, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not in a million years Jim
    I was annoyed that somebody was pointing out my spelling mistakes the trouble is if I used speech to text I spend half my time correcting it so I try and use the laptop as much as I can it gets my fingers exercised the best thing is I can grip tighter than a yorkshireman on a £5 note but flexing my finger is it difficult when you consider that this time last year I was sleeping downstairs in a hospital bed I can walk 5 paces and I had to be hoisted onto a commode and I now can walk 100m in 10 blocks of 10 m I can get myself to and from the toilet and I'm back to sleeping upstairs I feel absolutely wonderful about myself the biggest problem that I've got is that I was misdiagnosed and that caused all kinds of nerve and muscle damage but you have two choices you learn to live with it or you Kick-Ass

And Jim you never caused me one iota of offence honestly

I have an 11 year old great grandson who has not only cerebral palsy but it is combined with Asperger's syndrome and here's the loveliest cheekiest little brat but you can imagine he also has a nasty habit of telling you where to go in sign language his Mum tells him off but I'm afraid I still find it very funny to be signed that I should cough
    Last edited by robpage; 30th December 2017 at 09:09 PM.
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I was in Stoke Mandeville for three months I saw some things there that I honestly can say where nothing short of Miracles . And surprisingly enough I'll do all the patients there nobody held pity parties and everybody took the Michael out of each other .
    All in the nicest of ways things like how far can you walk on those crutches have a guy answered I can go right up to ASDA the other side of the car park to which the guy in the wheelchair stuck £10 and and said nip off get us 20 fags . Might as well use you Walkers for something .

But one point of interest is as I'm sure you know that when mobile I was a regular church goer I was surprised that in 3 months in Stoke Mandeville I never saw a padre or a pastor or even a vicar or a priest either . Apparently if you wanted spiritual help you had to seek it out and ask for it I am assuming that that was so none of the non Christian religions were offended although I honestly don't know
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2