Thread: Hi Grumpy is back

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Hi Grumpy is back

Well did you miss me?? Had a nice 10 days back in the UK , Wirral , well when it was not raining it was nice. Even managed to get to Parkgate for an ice cream from Nicholls.
    All went well until getting on the ferry back in Dover. While making our way to the allocated lane within the port, a lorry with Hungarian plates decided he did not need to watch while he tried destroy our car. Nearly pushed us through a chain link fence. Trying to get his insurance details from him proved to be difficult. Police got involved and the ferry was delayed. The police insisted he handed over his details which he did. Been to the insurance this morning and filed the report. My insurance company have said there will be absolutley no chance of a successful claim as there lorries insurers will just refuse to pay up. Bloody annoying as the car is only 2 years old.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hi Grumpy is back

Sorry to hear about your car woes, I know how it feels, had a car only four weeks and someone backed into the driver's door with his caravan ball, I know who it was but as no camera near it was his word against mine, so had to bite the bullet and repair at my cost, at our age they are looking for any excuse to load your premiums even if you are not at fault.

If you see another lorry of the same company stick a lien on it, here you can do it through the small claims court followed by the High Court Sheriffs, must have something similar in France

Naw! we didn't miss yer! we all went on holiday at the same time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Should have gone to Sunny Fleetwood. a great sunny week. and due to the EU no more lorries, no more ferries.
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Lewis.
    After all that I bet you are dying to get the Brexit thing over with so you can get back to good old Bllghty and among more reasonable people.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lewis, one of the joys of todays motoring I am sorry to say.
    See so much of it in all walks of life, no one is prepared to own up when they do something wrong.
    Hope you get it fixed OK.

I am currently fighting Singapore airlines for damage done to my suit case on the last trip to UK.

Will get there but such a slow process.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes gray_marian, Dennis McGuckin liked this post