R697530

4. Thanks Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hillsborough BBC 2 9pm

Watched this last night, the courage and dignity of the families was unbelievable with all the lies and accusations thrown against them. History was made.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Lou, Its hard to imagine what hell those family's went through for 27 years, Its a life time for some. You have to admire the tenacity and determination shown by the family's justice campaign, It was one of those occasions on Merseyside where everyone can remember where they were on the day, At 6 minutes past 3pm i was wallpapering my way out of a tight corner in my sitting room, But with my younger brother being in the leppings lane my old man came over to my place he was absolutely shaking and i was phoning the emergency number for hours no chance of getting threw my brother eventually rang home about 6.30 pm that night as we where getting ready to drive to Yorkshire, He was kept in hospital overnight when we picked him up on the Sunday, We told him the news about his good friend Gary Church, The lad cried with his head in his hands all the way home. All we got out of him was the police messed up dad it wasn't or fault. The rest is history. Many people have to explain there actions now. I just hope a few press members get a mention in dispatches. Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

7. Thanks Louis the fly thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Terry I was in the Doric playing pool when Gary Churchs' sister came in asking if Gary had been in as they were worried as he had gone to the Liverpool game,and as you say the rest is history.Did you read this article in the Echo.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Hillsborough: How the world reacted to powerful documentary shown in UK for first time - Liverpool Echo
    CLARITATE DEXTRA

9. Thanks Chris Allman thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lead Ted, Louis the fly liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Could not agree more with you Terry. I just hope now the cover up has been exposed and the liars named and shamed that we will also see justice for the miners. The were also victims of the South Yorkshire police, the press, the courts, and the Tory government.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Watched it. The surviving South Yorkshire Police hierarchy should be charged and prosecuted for their diabolical and criminal behavior in both their neglect of duty and the cover up. I hope also that Orgreave gets investigated properly. Those kind of people just destroy your faith in justice.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the fly View Post
    Could not agree more with you Terry. I just hope now the cover up has been exposed and the liars named and shamed that we will also see justice for the miners. The were also victims of the South Yorkshire police, the press, the courts, and the Tory government.
    hello louis and of course the master of chicanery who took the miners to the wall and who still milks all he can mr scargill......coal is as out of fashion as bows and arrows in drone warfare ......sadly like your generation and my generation services not required...dont forget the tolpuddle martyrs......and the gas mantle manufacturers......the 5 hatch cargo boats .....and the labour party plus the unions ......all blown away .....ostriches comes to mind......lol cappy

13. Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Jim Brady;229551]Hi Terry I was in the Doric playing pool when Gary Churchs' sister came in asking if Gary had been in as they were worried as he had gone to the Liverpool game,and as you say the rest is history.Did you read this article in the Echo.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    [url=http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-how-world-reacted-powerful-11303873]Hillsborough: How the world reacted to powerful documentary shown in UK for first time - Liverpool

Yes Jim Phil Scraton, Was a real gem along with a lot more unsung heroes, You must remember all the same people as i do from that era, Harold Kinsella, His son Terry, Steve Milburn, My sister Maureen had the Doric i think it was that year, I am sure you can also remember how somber it was that night all over Merseyside, I met a few lads i drank with in the old Seaforth Social club i had to get my old man out the house, But what i remember most that night was the steward of the time who i think was Joe Jones, And Brenda Everet who was of course mother of the first big brother series Craig Phillips, Paid the artist before he went on stage and sent him home. The quietest Saturday night i can remember in Livepool Terry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    hello louis and of course the master of chicanery who took the miners to the wall and who still milks all he can mr scargill......coal is as out of fashion as bows and arrows in drone warfare ......sadly like your generation and my generation services not required...dont forget the tolpuddle martyrs......and the gas mantle manufacturers......the 5 hatch cargo boats .....and the labour party plus the unions ......all blown away .....ostriches comes to mind......lol cappy
    Cappy, I also remember the once great armed forces and Royal Navy and Airforce Fleet we had, Also dismantled by a Tory government.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yes terry and do you remember the miners on strike on D DAY..........while our fathers fell in droves on the beaches of normandy.......but then i suppose that was not the unions....that called it ...or the miners who went on strike ......they should have sent them to the beaches ...with there shovels.....no sympathy from cappy

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast