Which Ships were you on and When
    Hertford 1968,
    Empress of Canada,
    Malation,
    Automedon,
    Amastera
    Notes:
    Lost discharge book and trying to get a copy
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 24th February 2016 at 04:58 PM.

2. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon, Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Alexander Lewis

Hi Alex.
    Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy all the tall tales and memories, and posts. You never know there may be one of your old shipmates on site.
    Go through the crew list and the shipping Companies you were on, click on Forum Home and scroll down for the shipping companies.
    Cheers Des

redc.gif

4. Likes Doc Vernon, Richard Quartermaine liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Alexander
    Welcome the site and thank you for listing your details and Ships
    Always nice to have new Crew aboard!
    Hope you will find lots here to take your interest!
    Enjoy!
    Cheers

Don't know if you can get copies these days,at last I looked at it one could Apply for a Replacement Book but it would have no Entries in it!

https://www.gov.uk/get-seamans-disch...h-seamans-card

Personal Applications
    If you wish to obtain a Discharge Book or British Seaman’s card in person you need to visit either your
    nearest Marine office or RSS in person. Personal applications are more expensive than postal ones.
    Please ensure you ring to book an appointment prior to attending.

Tyne Marine Office
    Compass House
    Tyne Dock
    South Shields
    NE34 9PY
    Telephone: 01914969900

Fees

POSTAL APPLICATIONS £40.00 per book

PERSONAL APPLICATIONS £90.00 per book
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 25th February 2016 at 01:48 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

6. Thanks Richard Quartermaine thanked for this post
    Likes Evan Lewis liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just testing a PDF File

The following Form can be downloaded in PDF Form just Type in Search Engine

Application for Replacement of Merchant Seamans Discharge Book
    MSF 4509 REV 03/15
    APPLICATION FOR A DISCHARGE BOOK and/or
    BRITISH SEAMAN’S CARD
    IMPORTANT – BEFORE completing this form, please ensure you have read fully the guidance notes and instructions on pages 4, 5 and 6. Your application will not be processed if not fully completed. Entries must be clearly written as mistakes cannot be rectified without payment of a further fee.
    Please tick the relevant box below
    Discharge Book
    British Seaman’s Card
    FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY
    SDS No:
    1. First Issue □
    1. First Issue □
    2. Continuation Issue □
    2. Continuation Issue □
    DB No:
    3. Replacement Issue □
    3. Replacement Issue □
    BSC No:
    If you have previously held a Discharge Book please enter the number ______________________
    PART A: PERSONAL DETAILS
    Title: Mr/Mrs/Miss/Capt etc
    Sex: Male/Female
    Surname/Family Name
    Forename (s) in full
    Has your name ever changed?
    If yes, give details.
    Distinguishing Marks
    Date of Birth
    Place of Birth
    Country of Birth
    Height in metres (see note *)
    Colour of Eyes
    Nationality
    (British Nationality Act 1981)
    National Insurance Number
    (must be completed for BSC)
    Full Home Address
    Address for return of documents (if different from home address)
    Address
    Town/City
    County/State
    Post/Zip Code
    Country
    Contact telephone numbers
    Email
    Next of kin, relationship to you and their address
    PART B: DECLARATION FOR DISCHARGE BOOK
    I wish to apply for a Discharge Book. I certify that the answers given on page one are true and I am aware that I may be required to supply evidence to support them.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
    * delete as appropriate
    I declare that:-
    a. I am employed/have been employed/have been offered employment * on a United Kingdom registered vessel,
    or
    b. I am a United Kingdom Seafarer with the right of abode in the United Kingdom and am employed/have been offered employment * on a non-United Kingdom registered vessel and am unable to obtain a discharge book from, or acceptable to, the Flag State of the vessel for the following reason (s): (please provide full details)
    c. I have not held at any time a seaman’s document containing the same information as a Discharge Book issued by one of the Governments listed in Note (4); or
    d. I am applying for replacement of my existing United Kingdom Discharge Book - (If your existing Discharge Book is full it should be submitted with this application. If, however, your Discharge Book has been lost or damaged a full explanation of the circumstances should be given in Part “G”), and
    e. I am aware that it is an offence to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in order to obtain a Discharge Book and hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the details in this application are correct.
    Signature
    Date
    PART C: DECLARATION FOR A BRITISH SEAMAN’S CARD
    I wish to apply for a British Seaman’s Card. I certify that the answers given on page one are true and I am aware that I may be required to supply evidence to support them.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........
    I declare that:-
    a. I am a British citizen with the Right of Abode in the United Kingdom; and
    b. I am currently employed as a seafarer and am applying for the first issue of a British Seaman’s Card and do not already hold a seaman’s identity document issued by the United Kingdom Government or any of the other Governments listed in note (5), or
    c. I am applying for replacement of my British Seaman’s Card. (Note – If your existing British Seaman’s Card has expired it should be submitted with this application. If however, your British Seaman’s Card has been lost or damaged a full explanation of the circumstances should be given in Part “G”) and
    d. I am aware that it is an offence to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in order to obtain a British Seaman’s Card and hereby certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the details given in this application are correct.
    Signature
    Date
    PART D: Employers Declaration for a Discharge Book (not required for a continuation or replacement UK Discharge Books)
    This must be completed by your current or prospective employer in block capitals; a letter from your employer is NOT acceptable.
    I declare that the applicant (name) ___________________ is serving/has served/will serve on a UK ship (name of vessel) _____________________ port of registration ____________________ registered number ____________________
    [
    OR is a United Kingdom Seafarer with the Right of Abode in the United Kingdom and will serve on the following Non-United Kingdom registered ship but is unable to obtain a discharge book from, or acceptable to, the Flag State of the vessel for the following reason(s):- (please provide full details)
    Name of Vessel
    Port of Registration
    Country of Registration
    Registered number
    I understand that it is an offence to knowingly make a false statement in order to obtain a Discharge Book and hereby declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief the details given in this application form are correct.
    Signed
    Name
    Date
    Position Held
    Vessel/Employers/Company Name
    Company/Ship/Master - Seal
    PART E: Employers Declaration for a British Seaman’s Card (not required for a continuation or replacement BSC’s)
    This must be completed by your current or prospective employer in block capitals; a letter from your employer is NOT acceptable.
    I declare that the applicant (name) ____________________________ is a United Kingdom Seafarer with the right of abode in the United Kingdom and is serving in the capacity of ___________________ on the (name of vessel) ____________________ Port and country of registration ________________
    I understand that it is an offence to knowingly make a false statement in order to obtain a British Seaman’s Card and hereby declare that, to the best of my knowledge and belief the details given in this application form are correct.
    Signed
    Name
    Date
    Position Held
    Vessel/Employers/Company Name
    Company/Ship/Master - Seal
     Master/Employer/Employers representative
    PART F: Counter Signatory
    To be filled in by someone who has known you for at least two years (refer to note 8 if you are unable to complete this section).
    I certify that the applicant has been known to me for ______ years and that to the best of my knowledge and belief the details given on page one and the declaration are correct.
    I am a British Subject (signed) __________________________ Profession _____________________
    Date
    Address or office stamp
    PART G: Replacements
    Please explain what happened to your previous DB/BSC indicating how it was lost or damaged.
    PART H: Payment
    Please enclose the appropriate fee (as laid down in the current Merchant Shipping Fees Regulations). Payment may be made in £ sterling by cheque, postal or bankers order, cash (personal applications only), credit or debit card. Cheques, Postal Orders and Bankers Drafts should be made payable to the “Maritime and Coastguard Agency” and crossed “Account Payee” and “not negotiable”. Cheques and orders should be drawn at a UK bank. Please do not send cash with postal applications.
    To pay by credit/debit card please complete the form at the end of this application.
    Official use only
    Photograph
    Office of Issue, Date & Stamp
    Cashier’s Stamp & Agresso Receipt number
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    1. Please note that the employer’s declaration at Part D and E must be fully completed for the relevant document. An employer’s letter in place of the declaration will NOT be accepted.
    Photocopied, faxed or scanned versions of the application form cannot be accepted.
    2. With each application you should send:
    (a) Passport-sized photographs (see note 7 about photographs)
    (b) The appropriate fee
    (c) If applying for a British Seaman’s Card a United Kingdom passport or birth certificate (certified copies are acceptable) OR any document issued by a British Government representative or by the Home Office proving your right of abode in the United Kingdom.
    ADDITIONAL NOTES FOR GUIDANCE
    3. Postal applications can only be processed at the Registry of Shipping and Seamen as below.
    Registry of Shipping and Seamen
    Anchor Court
    Keen Road
    Cardiff
    CF24 5JW Telephone: 029 20448844
    4. Discharge Book Notes
    Do NOT apply for a Discharge Book
    (a) If you already have one which has been issued under the Merchant Shipping (Seaman’s Documents Regulations unless it is full and you are applying for a continuation book;
    (b) If you are employed in a vessel which does not go to sea;
    (c) If you are employed in a pleasure vessel and receive no wages for your employment;
    (d) If you are employed in vessels engaged on coastal voyages around the UK solely for the purpose of trials of the vessel, its machinery or equipment, where you are not ordinarily employed as a master or seaman;
    (e) If you are in the employment of the Crown and are not ordinarily employed as a master or seaman;
    (f) If you are employed in a vessel solely in connection with the construction, alteration, repair or testing of the vessel and are not on an unregistered vessel;
    (g) If you are employed on an unregistered vessel;
    (h) If you are a non-UK seafarer employed on a non-UK registered vessel;
    (i) If you hold a document containing substantially the same information, issued by one of the Governments listed below:
    Bangladesh
    Barbados
    Canada
    Falkland Islands
    Fiji
    Ghana
    Guyana
    Hong Kong
    India
    Republic of Ireland
    Isle of Man
    Jamaica
    Kenya
    Kiribati
    Malaysia
    Malta
    Mauritius
    Nigeria
    Pakistan
    Papua New Guinea
    Saint Lucia
    Seychelles
    Sierra Leone
    Singapore
    South Africa
    Sri Lanka
    Tanzania
    Tonga
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Tuvalu
    Western Samoa
    Zambia
    5. British Seaman’s Card Notes
    Do NOT apply for a British Seaman’s Card
    (a) If you work in a ship belonging to a general lighthouse authority;
    (b) If you receive little or no wages (but do apply if you are a cadet);
    (c) If you are not a citizen of the United Kingdom or a British protected person working on a ship registered outside the united Kingdom, the Channel Isles, the Isle of Man or any colony, protectorate, protected state or associated state;
    (d) If you hold a valid seaman’s identity document issued by the Government or a representative of any country listed below:
    Antigua & Barbuda
    Australia
    The Bahamas
    Bangladesh
    Barbados
    Belize
    Botswana
    Canada
    Republic of Cyprus
    Dominica
    Falkland Islands
    Fiji
    The Gambia
    Ghana
    Grenada
    Guyana
    Hong Kong
    India
    Republic of Ireland
    Isle of Man
    Jamaica
    Kenya
    Kiribati
    Lesotho
    Malawi
    Malta
    Mauritius
    Nauru
    New Zealand
    Nigeria
    Pakistan
    Papua New Guinea
    Saint Lucia
    Saint Vincent & the Grenadines
    Seychelles
    Sierra Leone
    Singapore
    Solomon Islands
    Sri Lanka
    Swaziland
    Tanzania
    Tonga
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Tuvalu
    Uganda
    Vanuatu
    Western Samoa
    Zambia
    Zimbabwe
    6. Personal Applications
    If you wish to obtain a Discharge Book or British Seaman’s Card in person you need to visit either your nearest Marine Office or the Registry of Shipping and Seamen in person. Personal applications are more expensive than postal ones. Please ensure that you telephone to book an appointment PRIOR to attending.
    Aberdeen Marine Office
    Marine House
    Blaikies Quay
    ABERDEEN
    AB11 5EZ
    TEL: 01224 597900
    FAX: 01224 571920
    Hull Marine Office
    Crosskill House
    Mill Lane
    BEVERLEY
    HU17 9JB
    TEL: 01482 866606
    FAX: 01482 869989
    Glasgow Marine Office
    1st Floor Westpoint One
    Westpoint Business Park
    1 Marchfield Drive
    PAISLEY
    Renfrewshire
    PA3 2RB
    TEL: 0141 887 6430
    FAX: 0141 842 1258
    Liverpool Marine Office
    Hall Road West
    Crosby
    LIVERPOOL
    L23 8SY
    TEL: 0151 9316600
    FAX: 0151 9316615
    Tyne Marine Office
    Compass House
    Tyne Dock
    SOUTH SHIELDS
    NE34 9PY
    TEL: 0191 4969900
    FAX: 0191 4969901
    Southampton Marine Office
    Spring Place
    105 Commercial Road
    SOUTHAMPTON
    SO15 1EG
    TEL: 02380 329329
    FAX: 02380 329351
    Orpington Marine Office
    Ground Floor, Block B
    Berwick House
    Knoll Rise
    ORPINGTON
    Kent BR6 0EL
    TEL: 01689 890400
    FAX: 01689 890446
    PLEASE NOTE:
    FACILITIES TO PAY BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN YOUR LOCAL MARINE OFFICE. PLEASE ASK WHEN BOOKING YOUR APPOINTMENT.
    7. Photographs
    (a) You will need to supply a (colour not black and white) photograph for each document you are applying for (Discharge Book and/or British Seaman’s Card) plus an additional one for filing.
    (b) The photographs should be taken full face without a hat and should be printed on photographic paper, un-mounted. Photographs must be of clear exposure.
    (c) Scanned and printed photographs will NOT be accepted.
    (d) Unless you are sending a valid United Kingdom Passport (endorsed to show you have the right of abode) with your application, the person who countersigns your application should also endorse the back of one of your photographs with the words: I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE LIKENESS OF Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms or Title and add his/her signature.
    8. Counter Signatory
    Part F should be completed by a Member of Parliament, a Justice of the Peace, minister of religion, medical or legal practitioner, established civil servant, bank official, public official, police officer, head or senior official of a shipping company, union official or any other person of similar standing who is a British subject and has known you personally for at least 2 years. A member of your family should NOT countersign your photograph or application form. In the case of foreign applicants who do not reside in the UK a certified copy of your passport signed by your company or a notary public is acceptable.
    9. Height Conversion Chart (ft/m)
    1.45 5.7
    1.70 4.10
    1.47 5.8
    1.73 4.11
    1.50 5.9
    1.75 5.0
    1.52 5.10
    1.78 5.1
    1.55 5.11
    1.80 5.2
    1.57 6.0
    1.83 5.3
    1.60 6.1
    1.85 5.4
    1.63 6.2
    1.88 5.5
    1.65 6.3
    1.90 5.6
    1.68 6.4
    REQUEST TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD
    SEAFARER NAME
    SEAFARER D.O.B
    CARDS ACCEPTED Please tick the appropriate box below to indicate the chosen method
    Maestro Visa MasterCard Access Delta
    Card Number
    Start Date
    Expiry Date
    Maestro Issue Number
    Security Code
    Name of Card Holder
    Address of Card Holder Postcode
    Telephone Number
    Email Address
    Amount to be charged
    £
    SIGNATURE:
    DATE:
    For official use only
    Card Input
    Authorisation Code
    Signature & Date
    ALL INFORMATION ABOVE HERE TO BE HELD SECURELY
     .................................................. .................................................. ...........................
    SEAFARER NAME
    SEAFARER D.O.B.
    FEE:
    Agresso Fee Receipt Stamp
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 25th February 2016 at 02:07 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Glad I didn't lose mine!

9. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Evan Lewis liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)