Thread: EBENEZER RETURNS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default EBENEZER RETURNS

Today I made a visit to the local shopping mall, big mistake. Since last week they have been at it and it is still only Octember. Hanging from every pillar and overhead those gaudy baubles that announce the coming of Ebenezer. The time of the year when people spend money they do not have buying, presents people do not want just because it is 'the season'. Looking at the number of trees around the centre I think they must have cleared a forrest, carols blaring from the PA system, are they mad or what? A time of year when the Ebenezer really comes out in me.
    But it can be a time of fun for those young at heart. In K Mart there are already rows of those toys, you know the ones, press here and they sing and dance!
    Love them, was having a great time going along pressing all the buttons when I noticed a young lad of about 8 or 9 following me doing the same. we were going great guns, had about 40 on the go when a man, may have been the manager, appeared. Not happy Jan, I could see that.
    'If you continue doing that with your grandson then I will have to ask you to leave the store'.

My grand son, are you mad never seen him in my life before. You have to have kids to get grandkids, and as far as I know I have none of either, silly little man.
    Left the store a little dejected, but just up the Mall there is a Big W store and they also have those toys in now ..........................
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 31st October 2012 at 06:12 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

didn't the Romans change the calendar so when is it supposed to be humbug day??jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

After 72 years, i now have the answer to xmas, i chuck half a dozen bottles of wine in the boot of the car, and bugger off to a pub and stay for 4 days, come back when all the crap has died down. Works for me KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default You may try to hide but its everywhere

Hi shipmates, How would the chinese toy makers make a large profit every year? with out yule tide or as my old mate {Charles the nudge} R.I.P. use to say "The silly season" The time of the year when all shops ,markets {not many still going}and Mega supermarkets super stores and The pubs , clubs ,restaurants. Play they favorite tune { JINGLE TILLS } for a few happy weeks, and all rich share-holders plan they winter sun break? on the divi !!! Without all us { stupid suckers, } who will be in debt for months , to pay for it all . "Happy------- and season greetings to you all shipmates.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

same here in Cebu, last week all big shopping Malls playing Christmas Carols, today in big Shopping Mall every member of staff face painted and dressed in Halloween outfits, some really good ones, the customer service given is amazing, 2 persons per Checkout, 1 pricing, the other packing, put cardboard in bottoms of bags for heavy loads, if you have lots of shopping its all packed in a carton, taped up taken to the taxi for you, bought a 3 seat Sofa today, paid for it and was told to sit in a waiting lounge with TV, within 15 minutes a man with a van arrived, loaded it, and us, was in my house 15 minutes later.
    Tony Wilding

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

we have this trick or treat thing tonight bloody kids bumming sweets my misses has no sense of humor she wont let me wire the gate to the mainsjp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fully agree to your thoughts.
    Mine will not let me unplug her electric chair and feed the gate.
    They just don't think. I have even locked her broom away. But just for the day.
    If she has that she will go shopping, and we can't have that.(this knife in the back is sore )
    I will not put a mask on, as my face is bad enought.
    Mind you," I'm not two faced as I would not wear this one."
    Ron the batcave