Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: TRINDER ANDERSON /MV Arrino

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: maiden voyage

Your post was very interesting, but we were not taken over by P&O, but Australind was sold to a Midlands property man (saddest day of my life really) and the Avenue ships went over to P&O management. I think my memory is correct.
    Peter Trinder

2. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi John, just logged on again after years!! I was on Wimpy Seahorse (after she returned from Falklands) as 2nd mate around summer'83. based in Montrose. Skippers included Slack and a young curly haired mate who's wife sadly passed away and he was left with 6 kids to manage on his own (came from Inverness). Also worked on Seafox before moving to Star Offshore. We recently had a UK tv show about a detective based in Lerwick - series called Shetland ..hasn't changed at all in 30 years!! Made me realise I made the right decision to come to sunny Sydney rather than bleak winters

4. Likes j.sabourn, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: TRINDER ANDERSON /MV Arrino

Sailed on Arrino doing sea trials in 1975, just coasting for a couple of weeks. Sailed with Captains Luck on Galway and Murray on Antrim.
    Great times!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#42...was also on seafox, seawolf, seadog, sealion, in 1978.Knew Mickey Slack. In case you didn’t know the Wimpy Seahorse finished up working off the NW shelf in the 90s with of course an Australian crew..I went from Wimpys to Seaforth Maritime Ltd. head office Waterloo Quay Aberdeen. Wimpys were based in Yarmouth and still are to the best of my knowledge.cheers JWS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th August 2018 at 11:20 PM.

7. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: TRINDER ANDERSON /MV Arrino

Hi Ed,I've often wondered if you were still about,I've been going through some photos and there's one of you painting red arrows on the hold covers.I see that Micheal your other deck cadet posts on here.I've only just joined.All the best Bob Windsor

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Tom,Hope you are well and staying that way.I also did the first three trips out to Chile.I remember when we sailed deep sea departing Liverpool on the afternoon of Christmas Eve 74,whilst in the lock waiting to get in the river a bunch of scousers were taking the pish about how they'd be out on the pish etc whilst we'd be out on the briny.I think it was Jim Watt wiped their laughter when he pointed out that in a weeks time we'd be in the Caribbean and they'd freezing,Happy days.All the best ,Bob Windsor.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5