Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My late father Andrew Yule

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My late father Andrew Yule

Rather late with a reply for which I apologise. Joined the bitumen tanker Pallium in Channel Dry Dock Cardiff in February 1969 as Chief Officer where your father was Chief Engineer. Not sure how long we sailed together but can remember the first trip was to Curacao to load for Gibralter, Tripoli (Libya), Benghasi and Setubal. Then back to Curacoa to load for the Bahamas and the US east coast, which was then the pattern for the next 6 months. A good and busy ship that was made a lot easier by your father. A pleaseur to sail with him

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes cappy, j.sabourn, Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: My late father Andrew Yule

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew A Yule View Post
    I am looking for information about my late father Andrew Yule. My father was a chief engineer with Shell Oil for many years, he often talked about his trips but didn't go into great detail about his career with Shell. I am after information about his career and the people he worked with.
    My father was Andrew Yule d.o.b. 18th November 1934, he married Jean Russel Hepburn, he has three sons, John, Andrew (myself) and Colin. He lived with his family in Kirkcaldy Fife.
    If there are any members who knew my father or sailed with him please get in touch so myself and my brothers can find out more about him.

My father passed away peacefully surrounded by his sons on the 17th August 2014 at Victoria hospital, Kirkcaldy.
    My name is Albert Jolly (Bert) and Andy Yule and myself were Shell Cadets in Glasgow from 1952 to 1956.
    Andy, Bob Connon and I shared one large room in Mrs Morrisons home in Hill Street, Glasgow whilst we studied at Stow College Of Engineering in Shamrock Street .
    We were good friends for this period but lost contact with each other. I left Shell in 1960 and continued my marine career with the Australian National where I was Chief Engineer for 10 years.
    About five or six years ago i was able to get Andy's address by way of the Shell retirement Fund. I wrote him a letter but did not get a reply.
    He was a good friend and I am saddened to hear of his death.
    Feel free to contact me at " almar406@westnet.com.au" if you want more information
    Regards Bert Jolly

4. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My late father Andrew Yule

#1... I have just come across this post when going back looking at various others. The surname Yule strikes a chord in my memory. And goes back to about 1986 when I took 12 months away from the oil industry due to a slump in the North Sea. A small company managed from the uk with Yugoslavian connections had as its temporary superintendent a local man who used the same pub as me and as jobs were hard to come by I buttonholed him in the pub for a job. I was on two ships in 12 months with this outfit , unfortuanetley I have a mental blockage as to their names and the name of the company which was I believe in the midlands. Believe it was on one of these two that the chief was called Yule. We may be of mutual assistance here if you read this and can remember what your father was doing in 1986. Might bring my memory banks up to date and also my rememberances of your father if he is one and the same. Sorry I missed this post so long ago. However on the slim chance may be one and the same person can only try. Regards JWS. Ps looking back I see the name did strike a bell even when the post was first put up. However another bell struck when reread. Must be all these quiz questions on the ringing of bells to say its time to go back on watch. The biggest quiz these days is trying to assemble ones past life in the proper chronological order. JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd September 2018 at 01:47 AM.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2