Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: TS Dolphin Leith

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: TS Dolphin Leith

Hi Steve I am the same I attended T.S. Dolphin West Old Dock Leith from May to July 1969 same a you had a great but have not anything from any of the lads of my course only one John Brown we went on the same ship SS Trebartha we went to London where he was paid off have not seen him since R 874850 Scotland

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: TS Dolphin Leith

I've just reread all posts on this thread,and it got me wondering-;was the Dolphin the only Sea Training School where Catering Trainees were taught splicing,both wire and manilla?That skill served me well in later years when I went to work on a land based drilling rig,and I was the only one who could splice.I had already learned while at sea that "a man splicing always looks busy"!Boy did I get all the miles out of that one!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: T. S. Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by HandyMac View Post
    Morning Steve

Just picked up on your correspondence with reference to the Dolphin in Leith. I was on the deck-boy course on- her late 64 into 65. I had great memories of her and enjoyed the rowing and sculling in the nearby dock, also remembera breeches-buoy transfer from her over to HMS Killiecrankie, which was moored on the opposite side of the dock. I was in the Mech for nearly five years, sailing with Blue Star, Ben Line, Shell, C.E.G.B., and Hains. Good days, bad days, I'd do it all over again. It would be great to have a reunion with other ex-Dolphin inmates, especially on the same period, but as they say up here, "Wha's like us. damn few an' they're a' deid".

Brian Beattie (R809717)
    Hi what ben ships were you on Hain ships I am ex Dolphin Ronnie Maben R874850

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5