Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thessaly

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: leo Frain

I was a cadet on the Thessaly when she was sold to Taiwanese company in 1971 having done one trip from South Shields to Liverpool via Med,southern states of USA , West Coast of South America and Belfast. Not looking at her best by then but a fun time. Anyone else from this trip?
    Last edited by Anthony Storr; 20th June 2015 at 09:39 AM.

2. Likes N/A, Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Thessaly

I sailed with Leo Frain on a "y" boat in the 60's. Cant remember which one
    John Neary

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: leo Frain

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Storr View Post
    I was a cadet on the Thessaly when she was sold to Taiwanese company in 1971 having done one trip from South Shields to Liverpool via Med,southern states of USA , West Coast of South America and Belfast. Not looking at her best by then but a fun time. Anyone else from this trip?
    I was 2nd Engineer on that voyage finishing up in Hull when I was the only Senior Officer left on board. The Captain and Chief Engineer were retired and the Chief Officer was sent on leave. Twenty three ships from the company were put up for sale. Not a happy time for many of the Officers. Tony Cunningham

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: old sea dog with many memories

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mudd View Post
    I joined theThessally in January 1962. It was a good ship with a great crew.On my second trip, whilst homeward bound from Port Sulfer Texas, I fell from the rigging and was dropped off in Miami where I spent a fair while in hospital.I would like to hear from anyone who remembers me, Peter Mudd EDH from Leeds.
    I remember the incident and was never sure how you were once you left hospital in Florida. The rest of the trip was pretty eventful as one of the engines cylinder linings cracked and having failed to change it we crossed the Atlantic on 5 cylinders taking an extra 3 to 4 days nearly running out of food and water. Tony (Widget) Cole Isle of Wight

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: old sea dog with many memories

###pete mudd was a member in the harrogate vindi association about 5 years or so it closed he was well at that time and retiring from his roofing business .....he is and was a good shipmate while there.... and his son was off to oz adelaide i believe ....pete may have followed i think he had a feeling for it but dont know for sure ......his back was ok after his fall from the rigging eventually .....went to a vindi do at sharpness with him ...a good time regards cappy from shields

10. Likes N/A liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2