Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Trying to get information on a cousin John Maciver, born 1921, died on S.S.Baron Erskine

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Trying to get information on a cousin John Maciver, born 1921, died on S.S.Baron Erskine

Thanks Donald, indeed of interest.

Hopefully, Alison will reply / respond ASAP.

Keith.

2. Thanks donald w gillies, alison macrae thanked for this post
    Likes alison macrae liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Trying to get information on a cousin John Maciver, born 1921, died on S.S.Baron Erskine

Thank you Keith for that interesting information.

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Doc Vernon liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes, John's father was also named John and his mother was Annabelle MacLennan, His Grandfather was Evander who was a brother to my Great Grandfather who was also called John and married to Mary MacAulay, His dates were 1842 - 1919. We shared Grandparents which was Kenneth MacIver married to Annabella MacKenzie,In the year 1800's It seems a lot of my ancestors were called John, Annabella and Ann. Thank you Donald, appreciate all the info you provided.

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Hope to take another look when I return home in the morning.

Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Want to thank everyone on helping me with this wonderful information on my cousins, two of them were in the Merchant Navy, and one died on his ship by a U boat but he was in the Royal Navy, Have not got much on him, Anyway, just to let you know I am writing a story on this, and it will be in the Celtic Guide Magazine, and I have mentioned this site as in my story at the begining as I think thanks should go to this site for having such wonderful people that gives wonderful service when asking for information, you also helped me with my Dad's Merchant Navy papers and ship, I also mentioned it is a free site, but donations to help this site going will be much appreciated. Hope that is OK with all of you. Keith, Doc Norman. If I have not mentioned your name, I apologize.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Extracted from my book, SHIPPING COMPANY LOSSES OF THE SECOND WORLD WAR, published by the History Press.

BARON ERSKINE (Captain G.S. Cumming – ex-Baron Carnegie). Bound for Garston, sailed from Tampa, Florida, on 9 December, 1941. Joined Convoy SC.62 which left Sydney, Cape Breton, on the 27th. Due to bad coal, fell out of the Convoy on 1 January, 1942 and torpedoed and sunk by U.701 (Kptlt. Horst Degen) at 4.27pm on the 6th, in position 59º15´N 18º30´W. All 40 died.

10. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon, alison macrae thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Bill Cameron, alison macrae liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Thanks Ian, had hoped to look for more, still away from home.

Keith.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon, Ian Malcolm thanked for this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5