Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: M V Port Alfred - 1968

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: M V Port Alfred - 1968

Hi Marian.
    My wife has told me she would certainly like to know if I had a child, I have assured her I haven't, at least I don't think so. If I have I know my two children? would be intrigued and want to meet up, it's the world as it it is not as it was.
    Cheers Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my gosh I appear to have caused some grief - this was never my intention & I am so sorry I don't know how to private message on this site. Can you let me know how please. Thank you for your time and effort.

3. Thanks Doc Vernon, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No Jo
    Don't worry too much about the banter here its just part and parcel of us old Sea Dogs LOL
    All things come forward at times and this would be no exception,so just carry on !
    If you do want to post a PM just click on a Members name in any post and select from the Dropdown list there Easy as!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

5. Thanks Jo Jackson, Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Richard Quartermaine, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gray_marian View Post
    ......''the desire to please'' is patronising in the extreme. I was very kindly advised by several of the chaps on here when I joined and I'm simply returning the goodwill. I haven't even started looking yet and even although Doc and others are helping too I'm being taken to task!!
    Marian god forbid if you thought I was being patronising, that was certainly not my intention, and if you read it that way then I sincerely apologise I meant no offence, I admire your work far too much to be derogatory about what you do. Whilst I agree that every father should have a responsibility for a child sired, I have seen the results of an unexpected child turning up, it did not affect the man too much but his family were left traumatised especially his wife, but they may or may not have over reacted, but alas not everyone is overjoyed to find an additional family member, and that is all that I was saying. Again apologies if you thought I was being patronising

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

No worries Ivan

9. Thanks Ivan Cloherty thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unfortunatly I lost contact with someone years ago and pretty certain that she fathered a child to me but could be either I am wrong or otherwise she did not pass the information on. Not to say that there might be others because of the time and lifestyle we lived it is quiet possible. Also have reared a child from similar situation and the mother dumped the child for me to rear. On all occassions I am living still under my proper name and if any of them come knocking on my door either kids or the mother they will be welcomed as I have no secrets with my spouse for sure. Never been able to understand why someone would be ashamed of owning up to liasions or mistakes from the past. Not enough heartbeats left in my life to worry about the past to bloody busy living today and to many adventures to come tomorrow to experience or overcome.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What a lovely man you are and if there is someone out there they would be very lucky to have such a generous & awesome person in their life. God bless you.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    gray_marian Guest

Hi Jo,

Have tried to send the UK electoral registers 2002-2014 for all English based W.M. Campbell's but receiving the standard ''Delivery has failed to these recipients'' message. Do you have another email address I can use. Did my first email this morning re XD numbers arrive?

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi - yep try my home email - I did receive your two emails from last night :-)
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 31st May 2017 at 09:32 PM. Reason: deleted Email address

16. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    gray_marian Guest

Hi Jo, Got it, delete your email address from last post 29 now as open to public scrutiny

18. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3