Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pure madness.................again

middlemount and bundaberg queensland australia
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pure madness.................again

as you say des, the outcome of todays election will be interesting, pundits are still spruiking "two party preferred" as an outsider, I predict a hung parliament (personally I think most of them should be hung) they all say they will do no deals with this that and the other group, but when it comes to keeping their snouts in the trough, they will deal with the devil himself. the quality of most of our politicians over the last 20-30 years has been abysmal.

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Every time I switch on the telly, I. See Clive Palmer. The amount of money that party is putting into advertising is phenonomel He is beginning to look more feasible all the time, say something long and hard enough and everyone becomes brain dead. He Stands as good a chance as any which a few years ago would have been unthinkable. However my cross may be going there in the hope he may have a conscience. Cheers. JS.

4. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#40 Let’s hope they’re not of the EU variety. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 23rd March 2019 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having never legally owned a firearm , I always thought the categories came in different types for certification. A shotgun was only legal for that type of firearm and a pistol was verified for a certain calibre. Military firearms had to be specially authorized. If one Certificate covers all is pretty pointless in having in any case. American gun laws I would imagine are again totally different. As is in their constitution the right to bear arms. Which today there would be ample reason for, if just for self protection. In the Middle East according to media footage every man and his dog is running around with automatic weapons. Which leads one to believe there is no gun control whatsoever.
    JS

middlemount and bundaberg queensland australia
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

js, wa has the most restrictive laws in Australia, most shooters in oz have AB and H, AB is shotgun,rimfire/centre fire, and H is handgun, cat C and D for self laoding firearms are very hard to obtain. people seem to think that the usa has guns laying on the street just waiting to be picked up, the reality is that some states, and even cities within states have laws that are more restrictive than your home state. the cities like Washington, Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, have horrendous armed crime rates, and the most restrictive laws. if you take out the gang/drug related shootings, (what the yank cops refer to as **** on ****) the murder rate is comparable to any other western country. want a country that has virtually no legally owned guns? try mexico, Honduras, venazuela, belize, check their stats. then people say that they are third world countries, I don't get that? people are people, first world, third world (where is the second world?) they all bleed. I could write a book on the fallacies of gun control, but I have found that over the years the antis are not worth bothering with, any facts you put their way are trumped by feelings. may as well keep my breath to cool my porridge. off to check on the nsw election, have a good afternoon.

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Going out to a do shortly. No guns just swords. Dont carry so people can see but in a case, just so I don’t get accused of being Blackbeard. Even though if I had a beard it would be ginger , although think today maybe white. Was advised years ago by a police Officer that if I caught an intruder in the house and had a firearm to shoot him, but just make sure he was dead before they got there. On ships with firearms I was against as knew I would have no hesitation in using if necessary. This hands up business is for the Boy Scouts of the world. JS.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sailed on an American flag vessel, the master was the only American on board and he had a rather extreme view on guns and claimed to be never more than a couple of feet from a gun in every room in his house. I asked why he needed them and his reply was that he was allowed to shoot anyone who tried to get into his house.
    He recounted a story of one of his neighbours who saw a guy walking across his back yard so he shot him with a 44 magnum. He then had the afterthought that maybe he would get into trouble so he went out and dragged the guy to his house and draped him over the window sill, then called the sheriff.
    The sheriffs reaction when he saw the scene was to comment "sure was one determined SOB, he still tried to get in your house even with that damn big hole in him.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    Having never legally owned a firearm , I always thought the categories came in different types for certification. A shotgun was only legal for that type of firearm and a pistol was verified for a certain calibre. Military firearms had to be specially authorized. If one Certificate covers all is pretty pointless in having in any case. American gun laws I would imagine are again totally different. As is in their constitution the right to bear arms. Which today there would be ample reason for, if just for self protection. In the Middle East according to media footage every man and his dog is running around with automatic weapons. Which leads one to believe there is no gun control whatsoever.
    JS
    Some years ago I was working at an LNG construction site in Yemen, situated about midway between Mukalla and Aden. Part of the job was to train local labour in how to use my companies product.
    During a chat with some of these guys, they said that they came from Mukalla, anyone from Aden? I asked and got no response, they told me people from Aden were not civilised, why? because they carry their guns in the market place, was the answer, we dont.
    So you have guns? yes, what kind - AK47. Why? because every boy gets his gun when he reaches 12 years old and is taught how to use it.
    I didnt take the discussion any further, felt there was no point as it was accepted practice.
    Even back then (09/10) there was trouble between North and South, gunfire heard every night, after ten days I was pleased to get out, Total had two private flights daily from airstrip inside site, guarded by the army.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On MSN online news 20 ****** activists were arrested in Germany last night, they were planning attacks on western society.
    Vic

13. Likes Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This thread is going well so far but please just watch the P-------l input .
    Thank You
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast