Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A man with good idea's

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A man with good idea's

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ###perhaps the term financial advisor is a diffent term to the one used in the uk ......but a financial advisor here is a person mainly concerned with the best way to look after your capital and place it in the best places to make it secure and grow .......there have been a very very large amount ofbad reports of money going adrift etc in some hands ....in this country anyone with a briefcase and a good line in patter can call himself a financial advisor ....a great pal of mine had a large bombed out site in leeds he bought it quite cheap and used it as a car park .....competition was hard ....he made a living that was all in his hut with leather bag 7 days a week ......along came a big national and offered him nearly 3 million quid to build a 5 story car park ...he coulnt believe it ...he has been making a living that was all.......some bright spark told him you need a financial advisor .....the advisor with no qualifications but a very nice looking businnes card etc ...told him you must put most of the money ito a trust for your wife ......as you are older than her and will die ist on average and the tax will be penal for your child also put money in for your child but so he can get only a certain amount at a time ...and so much per annum .....my buddy listened and signed it all ...some two years later ....my buddy called on the phone and told by a mate go to the certain addres and go in the house your wife is with your financial advisor........sure enough she left my buddy for this guy and he ended up after much litigation with not a lot .......any taxation matters are best sorted by a good accountant which can be expensive but are usually on the ball ......the last time i saw my old mate was having lunch with JS and Gwen last june or july i introduced john to my old mate who came over to our table i believe itold JS at the time the story .......but then even chartered accountants can make mistake .....but that would be my take to be sure taxes are in order ......cappy
    I used to deal with a company in Glasgow and supplied them with materials to repair and line tank internals. They had a very good team and the foreman was an excellent hand.
    I called in one day to be told he had left, being very surprised I asked why and was told the following by his MD.
    He had spotted a derelict site in central Glasgow and made enquiries as to who owned it, with no success. So he bought a small garden shed to shelter in and put up a sign, All day parking £2. He had room for over a hundred cars and was full everyday.
    His theory was that if the owner turned up he would just decamp as theoretically there was no offence being committed.
    In the early 90's that was a very good income and after 2 years he sold the business (not the land) for a very tidy (undisclosed sum).

2. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Taylor View Post
    I used to deal with a company in Glasgow and supplied them with materials to repair and line tank internals. They had a very good team and the foreman was an excellent hand.
    I called in one day to be told he had left, being very surprised I asked why and was told the following by his MD.
    He had spotted a derelict site in central Glasgow and made enquiries as to who owned it, with no success. So he bought a small garden shed to shelter in and put up a sign, All day parking £2. He had room for over a hundred cars and was full everyday.
    His theory was that if the owner turned up he would just decamp as theoretically there was no offence being committed.
    In the early 90's that was a very good income and after 2 years he sold the business (not the land) for a very tidy (undisclosed sum).
    ####i believe if no title can be found to land .....it can be possesed by anyone staking a claim and then i think it is 5 or seven years can take ownership .....or some thing akin to my statement cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    ####i believe if no title can be found to land .....it can be possesed by anyone staking a claim and then i think it is 5 or seven years can take ownership .....or some thing akin to my statement cappy
    fence it off for 7 years unchallenged.
    We have had a few round here trying to claim wide grass verges by planting quick growing trees, most of them failed when the council told them to remove the trees once they got too big. Idiots did not look after them and they encroached on footpaths.

5. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just had a case here in Sydney, this bloke saw this old dilapidated house asked around no one living there so he did it up, and put in a renter, after seven years this woman said the house belonged to her father who had died but she hadn't done anything about the house, it went to court and the bloke won, the woman couldn't do anything about it. even had he lost the case he had made a good sum in rental.
    Des

7. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We did until recent years have a law of 'Adverse possession', that is if you cared for a piece of land such as a nature strip by you house and no one else did you could claim that land as yours after 20 years. That law is now gone.

But as to financial advisors here in Oz.
    By law one must be registered as one to practice, but there are a few who are not but using them is a bit jumping over the side in a storm.

Our advisor is with the bank and last year we got a very pleasant surprise of a very large refund on fees for administering our super fund.
    The Commonwealth bank who we are with had sacked three senior advisors in Sydney, they had failed to supply local advisors such as ours with sufficient advise for him to correctly administrate our accounts.

Not all the banks dealings are bad, not all the banks are bad and not all the advisors are bad either.
    But the few who are have made such terrible mess of things that they have all been put in the same basket.

Dead people have been charged fees on their account, but have they?

I know of two ladies two have lost their husbands and until the Royal Commission came into being had not notified their Super funds.
    They had considered it beneficial for some reason not to.
    Fees had been charged still as the funds did not know the person had passed.

Now one is worried she may be in trouble over this, and maybe rightly so.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3