Thread: police budget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default police budget

We as a country are on a fixed income , you cannot spend the same £1 on two different things , the police have applied for and been granted a further £150,000 for 6 months more investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance in Portugal 11 years ago , that is now £11,750,000 spent , am sure the McCann's agree it's money well spent , but financially that is 20 coppers on a beat near you , so I would have put head over heart by now , and ask the question would they have spent that much money looking for a kid from the back streets near you
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

2. Thanks cappy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: police budget

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    We as a country are on a fixed income , you cannot spend the same £1 on two different things , the police have applied for and been granted a further £150,000 for 6 months more investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance in Portugal 11 years ago , that is now £11,750,000 spent , am sure the McCann's agree it's money well spent , but financially that is 20 coppers on a beat near you , so I would have put head over heart by now , and ask the question would they have spent that much money looking for a kid from the back streets near you
    ##while having more than the utmost feelings for the madelaine family ...i think the money would have been better spent perhaps sorting out the problem of black youth in london turning our capital city into a nightmare of knife crime .....what is the mayor of london doing about it nothing......no wonder the country and europe in general is drifting towards the right...the state of crime in this country is disgraceful...my daughter travels to london two or three times a week and is worried about going from her place of businness to her hotel..........perhaps better when the krays ran it than the mayor of london.....its like bloody afghan now........cappy

4. Thanks Captain Kong, robpage thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The amount of public money spent on searching for that poor girl is horrendous, yet throughout the years the Macanns have never put there hands and admitted that they were, in part, responsible for her disappearance. If you go on holiday with young children, you do not leave them alone in your holiday apartment to go eating and drinking with friends, irrespective of what system you put in place to keep checking on them. The complex they were in offered full baby sitting facilities and in countries such as Portugal it is normal to see families with very young children dining late at night. The Macanns and there friends, who also had young children I believe, should have been charged with child abandonment at the very least. Instead from day one they have got our national press involved to pursue their case.sad though it is, it's time they accepted the fact that, due in part of there actions, they may never see there child again and it is time for them to move on with their lives and concentrate on looking after their remaining children in a proper manner.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Should bring back Hanging as a deterrent, Albert Pierrepoint would be working Overtime today,
    That would also bring down the costs of running prisons who just keep murderers in comfort, 3 meals a day, laundry done, rent free accommodation, no work, no bills to pay.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Should bring back Hanging as a deterrent, Albert Pierrepoint would be working Overtime today,
    That would also bring down the costs of running prisons who just keep murderers in comfort, 3 meals a day, laundry done, rent free accommodation, no work, no bills to pay.
    ###brian you get get hung for saying that ....cappy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by John Arton View Post
    The amount of public money spent on searching for that poor girl is horrendous, it's time they accepted the fact that, due in part of there actions, they may never see there child again and it is time for them to move on with their lives and concentrate on looking after their remaining children in a proper manner.
    Rgds
    J.A.
    ###sad as it sounds i agree with most of what is said particularly ....leaving them without sitters
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 14th November 2018 at 03:07 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

James - that is not the type of remark acceptable here, I have therefore deleted the post.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Youths of a different color, not just a problem in London, we have it here in Melbourne though not so bad.

Our police want more money and police, the state gov tells us we will get some 500 new ones over the next tow years.
    But during that time some 500 will retie or leave the force, and yes there is only so much money to go around.

Our leaders of the two parties fighting the election this month have promised so much money to be spent that I have it in my mind they intend to rob Fort Knox.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Captain Kong liked this post